Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need back stage passes

Options
  • 01-04-2010 11:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭

hi firstly you are probally going to say blink 182 are not rock thats besides the point , would any body ahve any idea how i would obtain back stage passes for blink 182 playing in the 02 ( the point) in august, i would really do anything for this not going in to detail but any ideas thanks for your help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭punkindrublic

You won't get them. Simple as. Not unless a. Blink 182 sell VIP packages (not gonna happen since the tickets are already on sale) b. There's a contest to win some & you manage to win over everyone else who enters, c.you have a relative who is good friends with or works with someone in the o2 (and not someone who collects ticket stubs or whatever)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

You could try to find out where they're staying and wait in the hotel lobby for them. Or they might go to the Good Bits bar at Busáras if the after show party is there. In fact, try to find out if there is an official after party. It's easier to meet bands after gigs in small venue like Olympia and Ambassador. O2 sucks for it. Maybe turn up early for sound check and you'll run in to them. As for the backstage passes, not a chance... unless you're a skinny blonde with really big boobs that has loose morals when it comes to venue security ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭punkindrublic

You could try to find out where they're staying and wait in the hotel lobby for them. Or they might go to the Good Bits bar at Busáras if the after show party is there. In fact, try to find out if there is an official after party. It's easier to meet bands after gigs in small venue like Olympia and Ambassador. O2 sucks for it. Maybe turn up early for sound check and you'll run in to them. As for the backstage passes, not a chance... unless you're a skinny blonde with really big boobs that has loose morals when it comes to venue security ;)

Bands don't like being stalked in their hotels. They might acknowledge you but if they do theyre still going to be pissed off.

If you can find out where the after party is you might have a chance (still very small)

As for sh*gging the security guards, not gonna work either. You'd have to find one of the guys FROM the backstage area to begin with..which you won't since they'll be backstage doing their job lol. I work these venues and even with a pass to say I'm working you still only get so far. When you want to go to certain areas you have to be with someone high up (publicist, head of security, etc) AND have your own pass to show every other guard you pass and even then getting near the band isn't always possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I can only presume you'll get a backstage passes if...

A. You have a connection with a media outlet and they commission you, through the promoters, do an interview with Blink or the support band before the gig (I've been in this situation and you still won't get to stay behind the stage when the gig is on, although you will be able to get into the gig for free if you're an accredited Journalist and the promoters allow it)

B. You have a family member who can offer you VIP passes backstage because they are a manager in the 02 of some description.

C. You have a family member who is a member of a support act and offers you a backstage pass, or you have a member of the family in Blink 182 (in which case you wouldn't be asking this question)

D. You get wind of an aftershow party and you are lucky enough to obtain passes for it. The band themselves announce onstage that they have taken a list of all those who bought standing tickets and offer passes as a prize - Guns N Roses did something similar in London a few years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

I reckon the best way would be to start now by contacting Rick Devoe Management (the company who manage Blink 182 the last I heard) and give them a whole big epic story as to why it's so important to you. There are bands who will make it happen 'cos they want to be involved in something cool and worthwhile and it's no big deal. Think about it, it's way easier for a band member or tour manager to get a pass than it is for the manager of the Point depot.

Rather than post tel numbers and stuff here (cos I think it's not allowed) go to: http://www.looperman.com/forum_posts.php?tid=47502 and scan down for Rick Devoe.

Note: on the off chance that I've made an error and Rick Devoe is no longer their manager then just find the contact details for whoever is. I actually know very little about Blink 182 but the thread caught my eye. A Radiohead back stage pass would be more my thing :)

Keep us posted and best of luck

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭Lizard Queen

my sister was on tour with a musical act that traveled america so i asked her to ask her connections , i dont think i would fcuk a staff member for the back stage pass , i meet mark hoppus as a gig in glasgow but would love to meet the other so i will contact the guy that somebody suggestion , thanks for all the input will keep everyone updated

Advertisement