Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NJ Nets

Options
  • 01-04-2010 11:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭

a team on the up
    should/could be contenders within 2 years for the championship
    great to see some proper cash being invested in an NBA franchise that doesn't involve one of the big four

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Yea, I think they will definitely be contenders within a couple of years, the new owners attitude and cash should steer them in the right direction.
    I don't think the NBA wanted someone like this to come into the league but didn't really have a choice at this stage.

interview with him here

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/60_minutes/video/?pid=rvERznyHppS0Jkb5N_Q2cdk8lclGSFzj&nrd=1

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭scooby2791

Honestly don't see them ever being actual contenders. Sure they have a nice few players and possibly might get John Wall or one of the Wildcats in the draft but the city and team itself lack the power to draw a big contract player even with the ridiculous money they will be able to offer. They had there time a few years back with JKidd and Jefferson but that time is over and won't be back for a good while. They will always be a 8th seed shoe in as far as I'm concerned.

Personally I'd love to see Lopez get traded to an actual contender because the kid is sick and deserves a shot. One of the hardest working big men in the league and an incredible talent with endless potential.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 MarvinMartian

Maybe New Jersey lacks the draw but if the planned move to Brooklyn works out I think it'll make a big difference. It's still hard to see them seriously compete within the next few years though...even with all their potential...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Candleman

would they go for kobe or lebron James?
    they need an international superstar
    I've also heard that phil jackson has been approached

• Registered Users Posts: 14 MarvinMartian

Can't see Kobe leaving the Lakers, he signed a 3 year extension last week. It's hard to figure what LeBron will do next year. I think if he wins a championship with the Cavaliers this year he'll go. I still think the Knicks is a more realistic destination but they're gonna have to prove that they're willing to invest in their team in the next few years.

• Advertisement
Advertisement