Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Real Gourmet Burger to be wound up

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭jelly&icecream

Was in the one in Ballsbridge once a good while ago. Food was decent but the service was crap so never went back. Ah well, its not as if there's a shortage of that type of place anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Phew. As long as it's not Gourmet Burger Kitchen!

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭happyfriday

WindSock wrote: »

I had a little bit of a panic there aswell!!!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I remember about 2 years ago, the Real Gourmet Burger in Dun Laoghaire was doing so so well, that they bought out the premises beside them – Rolly’s bistro – because they needed the extra space. Rolly’s was at least 5 times the size of their place, I was amazed that they thought they would need so much space. Apparently they ‘gave them an offer they could not refuse’ and so Rolly’s moved to a new place in Dundrum. A year later and the old Rolly’s premises was still empty…

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭byrner88

Was in the one in Ballsbridge once a good while ago. Food was decent but the service was crap so never went back. Ah well, its not as if there's a shortage of that type of place anyway.
    That one in Ballsbridge has been closed for about a month. There was no notice of closure they just packed up and left

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Boo, I loved this place. Really bummed that it's closing - it was a great place to eat after a good walk on the Dún Laoghaire pier. That Indo article says it won't be wound up til April 13th so hopefully have one last meal there before it bites the dust.

Damn that property developer owner. They really do wreck everything. *only slight exaggeration*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭billybigunz

WindSock wrote: »
    Which sell overpriced muck for people who don't go to restaurants very often. Cynical marketing using the word 'gourmet.

How apt that they are located in Liffey Valley shopping centre for the West Dublin drones. Also from the people that gave the world Abrekedabra.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

Which sell overpriced muck for people who don't go to restaurants very often. Cynical marketing using the word 'gourmet.

How apt that they are located in Liffey Valley shopping centre for the West Dublin drones. Also from the people that gave the world Abrekedabra.

aren't you just lovely! i've heard nothing but good things about GBK, and not from "drones" either! i'm told it's good food actual sober people eat, unlike abrakebrabra which is pretty much just something people pick up on their way to the nightlink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭billybigunz

I was there twice. Souless, overpriced ****. A typical 'upmarket' chain.

Woeful compared to a place like jo burger. Ran by people who care about food.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

Same here. Slow service and overpriced food. Was never very impressed with it. I remember they stopped opening on Mondays for a while cos they were 'doing the place up'.. but they seemed to close more and more after that.. and then one day they just went.. I won't miss them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

The Counter in Dundrum does a good burger. Or else make your own, easy to make, and much healthier.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

byrner88 wrote: »
    That one in Ballsbridge has been closed for about a month. There was no notice of closure they just packed up and left

Yeah - I noticed that the other day. Thought it was odd.

I never particularly liked RGB though - GBK, The Counter, Jo'Burger and even Eddie Rocket's were all better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Nooo! The nicer of the 2 burger companies of similar name. Ah well, The Counter is where it's at anywho

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭skibum

Sergeant wrote: »
    The Counter in Dundrum does a good burger. Or else make your own, easy to make, and much healthier.

+1,
    only complaint i have about that place is if you are anyway near the door, you will freeze your arse off. having said that the last time I was there they had one of those industrial gas heater / blowers at the door.

Their burgers are among the best I have tried and my kids love the apple pie milk shakes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Where is that place..i looked for it in vain a few weeks back..got grub n some cafe instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Degsy wrote: »
    Where is that place..i looked for it in vain a few weeks back..got grub n some cafe instead.

Dundrum Shopping Centre. Near Hamley's toy and dildo emporium

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I go to restaurants a good bit. I like the burgers, they are around a tenner and you get a good portion with a range of trimmings.
    There are several around Dublin, not just in Liffey Valley, and a New Zealand based company originally and is nothing like Abrakebabra (even if AIL own the franchise)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 644 ✭✭✭filthymcnasty

ah well i remember you could buy a burger and chips for £1 in that kip dr quirkeys when i was a youth.
    That said, you were running to the jacks for a few days or so thereafter.

Advertisement