Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Remove grout from bath

• 01-04-2010 11:44am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm currently renovating my house and I am going to re-use my old cast iron bath. It's a lot stronger than the new plastic ones so I'd rather keep it.
    Anyway, there's a lot of old grout stuck to the edge of the bath that I need to remove. Should I just carefully chip this away or are there any good tools or products for removing old grout.
    Also, the interior of the bath could do with a clean as it's a bit dull. Is there any way to polish the enamel on these old baths?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 vanman

to clean the bath mix up some vinigar and baking soda into a paste and clean the bath with the paste-works a treat!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭indie armada

dont use anything metal to scrape the enamel, something plastic like and old credit card or similar should not damage the enamel

Advertisement