Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone with Pentax prime lens in Galway area?

• 01-04-2010 12:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I've a favour to ask...for anyone in the Galway area that has a Pentax prime lens (Manual or auto focus).
    I bought a Pentax K-X (will arrive in 10 days or so).
    I'm either going to buy a MF prime or splash out for an AF (expensive- €250 or so).
    If anyone has a Pentax prime lens, would I be able to borrow if for an evening or two (once my camera arrives)? I have a new baby arriving at same time and would like to test prime lens etc.
    I can give financial deposit or whatever makes you feel that you can trust me...

Cheers,
    Pa.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,703 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

Completely off topic here, but if you start opening up thread after thread of lens related questions I'm going to petition the mods to have you taken out the back of Boards and shot :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 freddyhard

lol - seriously though, would you not be better trying to hire one. i gave a quick look and this site seems to hire lenses and while they had pentax lenses, i couldn't find a prime lens pentax or otherwise. i have a sigma 50mm prime lens, but you'd have to prize it from my dead cold fingers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

If you want to pay secure postage both ways then i'd be happy to post you one for a while but to be honest for the cost of postage both ways you will pick one up on eBay. If over on the eastern side of the country let me know and if at all possible i'd meet you with one.

AnCatDubh wrote: »
    If you want to pay secure postage both ways then i'd be happy to post you one for a while but to be honest for the cost of postage both ways you will pick one up on eBay. If over on the eastern side of the country let me know and if at all possible i'd meet you with one.
    i must say i'm surprised that you have a prime lens to fit a pentax. but if postage costs more than the lens, then how cheap is it? i paid €425-ish for the sigma lens - i didn't think i was being robbed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭dinneenp

MF Prime lens 2nd hand are reasonable.
    AF are no longer being produced by Pentax (If I'm correct) so are not cheap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

freddyhard wrote: »
    i must say i'm surprised that you have a prime lens to fit a pentax. but if postage costs more than the lens, then how cheap is it? i paid €425-ish for the sigma lens - i didn't think i was being robbed.

prime lens and pentax???? meh..... they are all k-mounts which have been produced since the dawn of time (apart from m42's but then a €7 adapter gets you over that one and the M42's are even cheaper again).

2nd hand 50mm A or M lens @ f1.7 or 1.4 if lucky for about €40 (I have two, one pentax A about €40 and it's a beaut - poor thing is suffering a little from a hindered aperture ring if you wanted to use the ring other than the 'A' setting but wonderful all the same, and one Rikenon with a pentax k-mount cost was €15 which has wonderfully endearing optics in it (one of my fav's tbh). All about 40 years old btw.

A new Pentax FA50 about €320. Easily got. Plus sigma and tamron k-mounts if you want to head that direction.

AnCatDubh wrote: »
    prime lens and pentax???? meh..... they are all k-mounts which have been produced since the dawn of time (apart from m42's but then a €7 adapter gets you over that one and the M42's are even cheaper again).

2nd hand 50mm A or M lens @ f1.7 or 1.4 if lucky for about €40 (I have two, one pentax A about €40 and it's a beaut - poor thing is suffering a little from a hindered aperture ring if you wanted to use the ring other than the 'A' setting but wonderful all the same, and one Rikenon with a pentax k-mount cost was €15 which has wonderfully endearing optics in it (one of my fav's tbh). All about 40 years old btw.

A new Pentax FA50 about €320. Easily got. Plus sigma and tamron k-mounts if you want to head that direction.
    touche - i'm not a photographer and i know next to nothing on what lenses fit what. i have to rely on magazines and where ever.

Advertisement