Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TUF 11: "Team Liddell vs. Team Ortiz" Thread *Spoilers*

• 01-04-2010 12:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭

Team_Liddell_vs_Ortiz_TUF_poster.jpg

So it started last night in the US and once again you have to fight to get into the house. I like the ace card idea.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Who has the rights for it over here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

rovert wrote: »

From the UFC UK website: Apr-3-2010 11 pm on FIVE USA

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Ah nuts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

You can get it missedashow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

rovert wrote: »

Setanta.

Any good places to watch it online?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭peter p

baz2009 wrote: »
    Setanta.

Any good places to watch it online?
    i just watched it on this http://tvshack.net/tv/The_Ultimate_Fighter/

briliant quality

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

Plenty of good fights in this episode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

Ouch, that broken nose is awful looking :o

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Gitb1

TechnoPool wrote: »

I didnt think it looked that bad at first but when they cleaned it up OUCH!!!

Looks like its gonna be a good season. I see that even though they revamped the training camp they still have cheapo doors lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Some really good fights in there. Some really good reffing too but also a few instances of guys blatantly hitting other guys in the back of the head and not being called on it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

It was something else.

The O' Donnell guy was unlucky to have to go to hospital, surely rules him out of the wild card thing. It was a great fight.

Gitb1 wrote: »
    I didnt think it looked that bad at first but when they cleaned it up OUCH!!!

Looks like its gonna be a good season. I see that even though they revamped the training camp they still have cheapo doors lol

the doors are there so when the coaches go mad they can knock them down and it looks all dramatic n shizzle :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

This season looks really tame compared to others.

At the end of the 1st episode there's always a "This season.. on The Ultimate Fighter" clip showing some drama. Even in the years whn nothing happens they have some desent clips. This year? Nothing! Tito smashing a door.... Tito throwing a bottle against the wall..... a guy letting off an airhorn.

I'm hoping the fights are good this year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

MrStuffins wrote: »

At the end of the 1st episode there's always a "This season.. on The Ultimate Fighter" clip showing some drama. Even in the years whn nothing happens they have some desent clips. This year? Nothing! Tito smashing a door.... Tito throwing a bottle against the wall..... a guy letting off an airhorn.

Pretty much every fight from episode 1 was better then the sh!t put on all last season so im holding high hopes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭evil_seed

that's the best episode of TUF i've seen in a long time. more cardboard doors:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

At least Rampage actually ripped the door to shreds, Tito gives it a sloppy elbow and it just falls down!

Great link Peter P!!

Who do you think will be the wild card? O' Donnell deserves it but he might be too f'd up, some other close calls, like the guy with the broken nose, jesus that was bent like a hook!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

all the winners look in great shape, so the conditioning is there, and clearly they can all fight! this season is just going be a war, cant wait:)

The only downer so far is that the guys who i would love to see get another shot with a Wild Card are injured and can't (Shouldn't) be considered.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

you are getting the wild card thing mixed up....

NONE of the losers from that round will get a wild card shot so O'Donnell wont be back on this series.

There are 14 fighters selected now. Those 14 will fight and 7 will get through. Of the 7 that DONT, 2 will be chosen to fight for the wild card to make it up to 8 for even numbers.

Its a pity because ALL of those fights looked better then the heavyweight slogathons of UFC 10.

Some of those fights were real crackers. Particularly liked the french guy who wanted to change people's opinions about french fighters.... mind you I think they were pretty hard on him about quitting... would it really have been better if he went out into round two and just got knocked out or tapped? (he was one who got a lot of hits to the back of the head).

The very first guy, the guy with big hair, his kicks were well impressive but I think he'll have more trouble with a serious striker... still, I liked his flashy style so we'll see :)

DeV.

DeVore wrote: »
    you are getting the wild card thing mixed up....

NONE of the losers from that round will get a wild card shot so O'Donnell wont be back on this series.

There are 14 fighters selected now. Those 14 will fight and 7 will get through. Of the 7 that DONT, 2 will be chosen to fight for the wild card to make it up to 8 for even numbers.

Its a pity because ALL of those fights looked better then the heavyweight slogathons of UFC 10.

Some of those fights were real crackers. Particularly liked the french guy who wanted to change people's opinions about french fighters.... mind you I think they were pretty hard on him about quitting... would it really have been better if he went out into round two and just got knocked out or tapped? (he was one who got a lot of hits to the back of the head).

The very first guy, the guy with big hair, his kicks were well impressive but I think he'll have more trouble with a serious striker... still, I liked his flashy style so we'll see :)

DeV.

the french lad had no heart what so ever he quit half way into round one, just the chap he was fighting couldn't exploit it!!

the first afro chap who fought granted he has come nice kicks but is that all he has? i hope not!! did he even throw a punch?? i think he is in trouble against anyone who can take him down or dirty box!!

''the animal?!'' is my pick for the win!! or on an outside chance the chap with the green hair!! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭smoochie06

That was a good show. Better than all of TUF (Kimbo) 10.

The first fellas kicks looked good. I thought the lad with the green hair showed some good striking.

You would think with the revamping of the gym they could do something with the cardboard doors :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

french dude musta had somethin wrong man, everyone shouting at him to keep going and get up. He knew his pride was on the line in front of all the other fighters, chuck tito and dana. Must have been very hard to just quit like that. Would have been easier to go into the next round and fall on the first hit.

Big hair guy had some heavy kicks but I just kept picturing someone shooting in low and taking him down, lets see where his kicks get him then.

Completely agree on the talent. Last season had guys who couldn't even get through a training session without puking and had zero fighting skill. Former NFL player does not = potential great MMA fighter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Do you watch it to see fights or assholes getting drunk and slabbering? From what you've said it seems the later, maybe checkout big brother or something if you want to see a load of pricks

Devastator wrote: »
    Do you watch it to see fights or assholes getting drunk and slabbering? From what you've said it seems the later, maybe checkout big brother or something if you want to see a load of pricks

Well, both. And i'm sure i'm not the only one.

Im sure not everyone here watches the show but fast forwards straight to the fights, they wanna watch the show too. The dynamics between the fighters. The mental pressures of a group of fighters forced to live with each other for weeks. Who's strong enough and who isn't? How are the coaches going to wind each other up etc?

It's TV dude, relax on the pontificating tone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Lord Muck

Good first episode. Theres a lot of decent fighters this year. It looks wide open for who's gonna win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭sonic.trip

Great first episode, the french guy was a fool-saying french are tough then quiting after the first round! like the wild card idea, hope chuck wins as I don't really like Tito.

And that guys nose...ouchhhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭ahe316

Agreed - good 1st ep.

Loved Chuck getting the sly dig in on Tito "that's like tapping to strikes"...
    and great line at the start. "The guy is a complete doorknob..."

Hebrew Hammer!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Noffles

Just watched 1st episode, hard to believe we're on TUF11... doesn't time fly!

Anyway, this certainly looks better than H/weight TUF, that was fairly poor overall, the 1st few fights we've seen seem more action packed than most of that season!

And boy was that some broken nose....!!

And I'm glad to see they've kept the "stunt" doors in there, always good for the dramatics.

• Advertisement

any sign of episode 2?

any sign of episode 2?

ITs not on til Wednesday nights in the US

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Decent fight this week I guess, have to say my opinion of Tito was raised slightly immediately following the fight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Was that Jake Shields I saw among Chucks trainers? Whats the story with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Shazbot

calex71 wrote: »
    Decent fight this week I guess, have to say my opinion of Tito was raised slightly immediately following the fight.

Yeah, i have to agree. Was a nice display from Tito, good coach attitude rather than previous seasons 'coaches'.

Decent episode with a decent fight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Noffles

Shazbot wrote: »
    Yeah, i have to agree. Was a nice display from Tito, good coach attitude rather than previous seasons 'coaches'.

Decent episode with a decent fight.

Tito came across as a good coach the 1st time, he just came across as a rather annoying human being... and he didn't get on with Shamrock at all... who turned out to be a knob.
    He'll come across well in this too I would imagine and so will Liddell.

Tito came across very well as a coach first time and seems to be doing the same this time.

Although i'm not 100% sure about his tactic to practice Triangle excapes right after the fight.

Having said that, Clayton gave up that triangle. He had plenty of time to get out of it but seemed to just give it. And his "Damn, i triangle?" business right after the finish was just bull. I don't think he had the heart to be there.

(ps, is it just me or does everyone else think Clayton is very like Jason Miller?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Shazbot

Sorry, let me clarify about the coaching comment. I wasn't saying that Tito was a bad coach before. It's just nice to see the coaches being coaches again. Rather than what we got we Rampage and Henderson.

Tito came across very well as a coach first time and seems to be doing the same this time.

Although i'm not 100% sure about his tactic to practice Triangle excapes right after the fight.

Having said that, Clayton gave up that triangle. He had plenty of time to get out of it but seemed to just give it. And his "Damn, i triangle?" business right after the finish was just bull. I don't think he had the heart to be there.

(ps, is it just me or does everyone else think Clayton is very like Jason Miller?)

stupid hair cuts aside?

eh not really , havent really seen enough of him.

stupid hair cuts aside?

eh not really , havent really seen enough of him.

It could just be the stupid haircuts but sometimes he reminds me of him.

Its hard to find a pic where Mayhem isnt pulling a stupid face:

Jason-Mayhem-Miller-SN.jpg
    clayton-mckinney.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

I hope that guy with the Afro is beaten. He annoys me.

Minstrel27 wrote: »

i think he annoys everyone.

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    i think he annoys everyone.

Awww, chill dawgs, it's all good etc etc.

He's very annoying but i liked his fight. Great kicks (even if they were against a punchbag)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Awww, chill dawgs, it's all good etc etc.

He's very annoying but i liked his fight. Great kicks (even if they were against a punchbag)

A decent wrestler would make bits of him, I'd say.

baz2009 wrote: »
    A decent wrestler would make bits of him, I'd say.

Indeed! I reckon thats why he was a pretty late pick, he didnt really get a chance to show any skills..... apart from killer kicks.

The afro guy needs to be knocked out asap :D. Had a feeling the ozzy would win alright. Why does somebody always have stupid coloured hair on TUF??

Cant wait for next weeks episode now with this announcement :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

Was that Jake Shields I saw among Chucks trainers? Whats the story with that.

Yea sure looked like him to me, I saw an interview with Dana where he was giving out about the way Strikeforce were treating Shields and now with this appearance on TUF he is more than likely gonna sign for the UFC next i'd say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

sonic.trip wrote: »

Cant wait for next weeks episode now with this announcement :D

They catch us with something like this every year :)

9/10 it turns out to be something stupid :(

Evil_Clown wrote: »
    Yea sure looked like him to me, I saw an interview with Dana where he was giving out about the way Strikeforce were treating Shields and now with this appearance on TUF he is more than likely gonna sign for the UFC next i'd say

I read another interview where Sheilds was saying he's not going to be shown much in the series, being SF Champ, but understands Dana can't exactly go around promoting champs from other orgs.

What i thought was kinda strange though was that they didn't have any mention of Razor Rob coaching on Tito's team. Sure he's been part of the furniture at WEC since the day Zuffa bought it.

calex71 wrote: »
    They catch us with something like this every year :)

9/10 it turns out to be something stupid :(

I know they build it uo and then its a let down! I still can't wait though, ooohhhaaaa the drama :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement