Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TUF 11: "Team Liddell vs. Team Ortiz" Thread *Spoilers*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

I thought Noke was gonna KO McCray at the start, but he seemed to have no heart in fighting McCray what so ever.

In the second fight, that was a pretty brutal kick to the head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Jayo_M

scudzilla wrote: »
    And you're wrong, you can kick people in the head and expect them to continue....in Pride :P Wonder why that went tits up :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Because they lost their TV deal because of yakuza connections. I'd love to see soccer kicks back. Tavarez probably wouldn't have got caught with it, at least not so cleanly, if he knew they were legal.

Great episode, I don't know why I laughed so much at the "I'm gonna go punch him" line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Jayo_M wrote: »
    Because they lost their TV deal because of yakuza connections. I'd love to see soccer kicks back. Tavarez probably wouldn't have got caught with it, at least not so cleanly, if he knew they were legal.

Great episode, I don't know why I laughed so much at the "I'm gonna go punch him" line.

Moment of the series for me :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Dissapointed in the Noke fight. Wasnt he at one point the fav to win the whole tournament?

That was some kick in the head. When one of Tito's trainer said that Brad got kicked in the armpit and was playing it up, the blad dude (Rich Antonito or something) on Chucks team said exactly what i was thinking "Shut up you fat ****" or something along those lines :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Because they lost their TV deal because of yakuza connections.

Here was me thinking UFC / Zuffa killed Pride.

• Advertisement

calex71 wrote: »
    Here was me thinking UFC / Zuffa killed Pride.

Nah, Pride was already fcuked when Zuffa bought it, and they only bought it so that they would hold the contracts of certain fighters

scudzilla wrote: »
    Nah, Pride was already fcuked when Zuffa bought it, and they only bought it so that they would hold the contracts of certain fighters

I know my bad , i really should have said they nailed the coffin :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭sonic.trip

noke had no heart, very dissapointed

Tito is worse than a little girl, that's about 5 time this season "it's gone against him". Pretty much every time his fighters have seem to be winning etc, when he is ALWAYS wrong,

man I love Chuck, what a legend, I would of punched Tito long ago :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Lord Muck wrote: »
    ...just noticing in the last few episodes how bad Chucks speech has gone, he can hardly finish any sentence! too much punishment over the years taking its toll?

If that's the case he must've took a hell of a beating right before this interview :pac:

Best episode so far in my opinion. 2 really good fights (i also had the first fight at 1-1, thought Noke won the 1st round even though he was on his back for most of it!)

And what a soccer kick! That chap was OUT!

"Sorry"

"For what?"

I literally laughed haha!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

noke was very disappointing

looked like his heart wasnt in it.
    was their friendship a factor?

Then again, his takedown defence was
    brutal

i cant believe hes that bad.
    he wouldnt have won any of his
    two previous fights fighting like that

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

So last week tito was pissed off nick ring pulling out because of his knee and not wanting to fight well below full fitness.
    This week tito pulls out for the same reason.

Hypocritical dick head

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

MrStuffins wrote: »
    If that's the case he must've took a hell of a beating right before this interview :pac:

Its like an interview with bob dylan :pac:

@ ultimate chin lol :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

I'd love to see soccer kicks back.

I can't agree about the kicks, I remember seeing someone get kicked in the head like that when I was at school and I felt physically sick....I still feel like that when see anything similar now.

It was a quality line, I think what made it funny was what was said(and seen) just before. Obviously Chuck was wound up and waiting to hear that Tito had pulled out but when he was told he jumped up and immediately grabbed his phone which seemed to freak Dana out and he shouted after him"DON'T BREAK YOUR PHONE!" to which Chuck seemed to be a mixture of confused and disgusted that he would even consider that then he delivered that line.....:D

Anyone see this?
    I know it's Wiki but theres a video link so it happened. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyacey_Uscola

Anyone see this?
    I know it's Wiki but theres a video link so it happened. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyacey_Uscola

Holy Moley!!!!!

I didn't really believe it until i saw the video. Read like a typical Wiki trick.

Video is here http://www.mmatko.com/tuf-11-kyacey-uscola-talks-about-his-pit-bull-attach/

and check out the ad below the video :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Oh the famous "Nyquil" interview from Chuck. :pac:

The interviewer saying "hang on in there" and the Tommy Morrison mention never fails to kill me.

rovert wrote: »
    Oh the famous "Nyquil" interview from Chuck. :pac:

The interviewer saying "hang on in there" and the Tommy Morrison mention never fails to kill me.

Brilliant!

"Hang on in there" hahaha!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭evil_seed

Awesome fight. Delighted Jager is out. He was clocked a few times and didn't like it and quit after the 2 rounds. :D:D Kyasey said something along the lines of "It takes more than speed and ability to win a fight". How right he was. You need HEART too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

evil_seed wrote: »
    Awesome fight. Delighted Jager is out. He was clocked a few times and didn't like it and quit after the 2 rounds. :D:D Kyasey said something along the lines of "It takes more than speed and ability to win a fight". How right he was. You need HEART too

got a link for it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭the fnj

Does Jager remind anyone else of an Undisputed player holding down LB the entire game?

He kept going for the big knock out, even when he was back pedalling he was trying to counter with flying kicks, very one dimensional. As soon as he was tagged you could tell he didn't like it. I was afraid Bryant would stay off him and get finished with a highlight reel KO but every time he hit Jager you could see the confidence in his striking grow.

I thought everyone was way to harsh on him for not going out in the third. He was clearly finished, what's the point in going out there unable to defend properly and getting smashed up worse?

Still don't understand why everyone hates him, I think he's one of the more entertaining house mates.

Can someone explain to me how Tito quitting the fight due to injury is different to Rampage quitting to make a movie?

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭conor678

Really enjoyed the episode. Like your man Josh, has a lot of heart and is undefeated. Dunno who the winner'll be but my pick is Tavares.
    Wonder who the bonus coaches are for Tito's team? I'm going for the Natural!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Just watching the end and Jager is still at the same crap. He pussed out of the fight and still messes with the other guys? Come on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

i was glad to see yager gone , all mouth and no backbone in the lad :rolleyes:

Thank fcuk Jager/Yager's out.

Either way, the winner of this will end up on a UFN card, lose a few and then that'll be the end of that. Not one fighter really stands out this season.

Only watched to see Chuck rippin the piss outta Mr Potato Head

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,041 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

the fnj wrote: »
    Can someone explain to me how Tito quitting the fight due to injury is different to Rampage quitting to make a movie?

Rampage didn't pull out of the fight until after the show was finished.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Delighted Yager pussyed out, i found his fighting style annoying to watch. It was like he learned to fight playing Tekken.

Apparently the under card for tuf 11 final is
    Yager
    vs
    Uscola

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Pin_Cushion

conor678 wrote: »
    Really enjoyed the episode. Like your man Josh, has a lot of heart and is undefeated. Dunno who the winner'll be but my pick is Tavares.
    Wonder who the bonus coaches are for Tito's team? I'm going for the Natural!

The coaches are
    Forrest Griffin, Tyson Griffin and Gray Maynard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭ta2liam

Who was the dick that kept shouting "YEEEEEEEEEE" every time Yager attempted/landed a punch or a kick.... really pissed me off, had to turn off the sound watchin the fight!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

ta2liam wrote: »
    Who was the dick that kept shouting "YEEEEEEEEEE" every time Yager attempted/landed a punch or a kick.... really pissed me off, had to turn off the sound watchin the fight!!!

I thought it was Hacksaw Jim Duggan.

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    I thought it was Hacksaw Jim Duggan.

Haha It was that fat hawaiian guy in Tito's corner.

Rumor has it that the Assistant Coaches are.....
    Forrest Griffin
    Grey Maynard
    And
    Tyson Griffin
    McGray landed on his feet there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

looks like the two lads went at it on twitter :D

http://www.bjpenn.com/profiles/blogs/twitter-drama-ortiz-vs-yager

Yager had no heart, feckin delighted so I was :)

sonic.trip wrote: »
    Yager had no heart, feckin delighted so I was :)
    A classic case of you can dish it but can't take it, he did not like getting it in the face one bit........ dude you ain't that pretty suck it up.

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Wow... I really liked Josh for the season but I thought he was a bit too nice. He is nice but f*ck can he hit and he's a serious fighter.

I think people are a bit hard on Yager. The Ref lifted his chin and he was out but the lights were still on. The ref stopped it from what I could see but yeah, Josh took his heart (*insert comment about not needing mushrooms either*... ahem).

Tito is such a fncking gurl. He lays into his fighter calling him a pussy for quitting but he quit his fight and he's quit to strikes before. He's a clown.

I hope Josh takes it now, he's shown he is a real fighter and he has fighter spirit and he gives respect so he gets mine.

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

I still think josh may be a little too nice. Problem is hes fighting mcGray again and theyre good friends in the house. He needed to get hit a few times before he started fighting back the first time. I hope he gets that outta his head this time though.

DeVore wrote: »

Tito is such a fncking gurl. He lays into his fighter calling him a pussy for quitting but he quit his fight and he's quit to strikes before. He's a clown.

Do you remember the TUF pre lims show?

Tito was making some comment about people should never tap out or some BS and Chuck turned around(as dry as Jack Dee) and replied "Kinda like tappin out to strikes huh?" and Dana pished himself between the two :D Of course Tito made out like he never heard it....AHA yeah Tito selective hearin there big lad?

Anyone love the way the shows are edited to make it look all intense? Like on latest show, Chuck is obviously not happy with Tito and they show them at the weigh ins for the fight and zoomed in on Chuck staring and laughin at Tito.....but then when camera moved back to show the actually weigh in things looked a bit different :confused: Chuck was wearing a black top and was standing up kinda behind the stalls were his team were sitting....instead of sitting in between them with his blue TUF vest on like it had showed JUST before :P

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Tito's selective hearing is caused by his neck injury..... HE HAD SURGERY YOU KNOW?! :p

DeV.

DeVore wrote: »
    Tito's selective hearing is caused by his neck injury..... HE HAD SURGERY YOUR KNOW?! :p

DeV.

silly me, how could I have forgotten :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭enemy

does anyone know what date the finale is on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

June 19th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

enemy wrote: »
    does anyone know what date the finale is on?
    according to the betting here its june 23

http://classic.boylesports.com/betting/index.asp?sl=sltc&gi=14&sltc=65261.1&slc=-1

mailburner wrote: »

Its 23rd....check the UFC website.

Apparently its due to start at 11pm on ESPN....that would be sweet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

UFC.COM says the 19th.

As i type i just seen an ad on Setanta saying its on the Sunday 20th of June at 2am. Looks like its gonna be live :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

19th.

TUF_11_Poster.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Pauleta wrote: »
    UFC.COM says the 19th.

As i type i just seen an ad on Setanta saying its on the Sunday 20th of June at 2am. Looks like its gonna be live :D

It will be live on ESPN anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭enemy

episode 11 and 12 are available online now at mma-core.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

Not a bad TUF, a lot better then TUF 10. Some great fights and I am looking forward to the finale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

Yeah the fights were good but I cant see any of the guys breaking through into the UFC like in the first few TUFs.

• Advertisement
Advertisement