Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TUF 11: "Team Liddell vs. Team Ortiz" Thread *Spoilers*

1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

I did LOL at all the guys wanting to fight Yager at the finale

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    I did LOL at all the guys wanting to fight Yager at the finale

More scripted than the hills :D

Brad and Court was a great fight

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I've thought the fighters (and fights!) this year have been pretty amazing to be honest, certainly compared to last seasons gas-a-thon.

And as for Yager, he might be a big mouth (ok, he IS :) ) but I bet you you'll all be watching to see if he pulls out some big KO or to see him get owned.... thats what a promoter wants to see! I wouldnt be surprised to see Yager in the UFC next year (provided he gets some more cardio hahaha).

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

What the fcuk did Forrest look like, i realise that most Fighters would gain a few pounds when not in training or withouth having a fight coming up, but he really took the piss, he wouldn't have looked outta place sat on the Ha'penny Bridge asking for spare change

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

scudzilla wrote: »
    What the fcuk did Forrest look like, i realise that most Fighters would gain a few pounds when not in training or withouth having a fight coming up, but he really took the piss, he wouldn't have looked outta place sat on the Ha'penny Bridge asking for spare change

and when was that filmed? Because, wouldnt he have been training for Lil Nog at the time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Arrogance

MrStuffins wrote: »
    and when was that filmed? Because, wouldnt he have been training for Lil Nog at the time?

He didnt look overweight per se, his face just looked very bloated..... take from that what you will.......... (I know the rules, I am not stating anything just pointing out that he was very bloated)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

in fairness pal he's always looked like a bum, sure remember the skin head in TUF he looked like someone from a concentration camp circa 1944

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

It's a long shot but does anyone here know of a pub in London, England showing the TUF finale on sunday morning?

Best bet is to go onto Cagewarriors and ask there

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

What fights are on the card for the finale?

MAIN CARD

* Matt Hamill vs. Keith Jardine
    * Court McGee vs. Kris McCray
    * Chris Leben vs. Aaron Simpson
    * Spencer Fisher vs. Dennis Siver
    * Rich Attonito vs. Jamie Yager

PRELIMINARY CARD

* John Gunderson vs. Mark Holst
    * Seth Baczynski vs. Brad Tavares
    * Josh Bryant vs. Kyle Noke
    * Chris Camozzi vs. James Hammortree
    * Travis Browne vs. James McSweeney

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I cant get over how Jardine is headlining this after his last fight. I expected him to retire....

DeV.

DeVore wrote: »
    I cant get over how Jardine is headlining this after his last fight. I expected him to retire....

DeV.

You not noticed how the cards, especially the smaller one's are getting weaker and weaker?

Only 2 years ago we were on 1 event every 5/6 weeks, now it seems there's one every other week, which IMO leads to a lot weaker cards.

Personally i preferred the wait for a card, the expectation and looking forward to it, now it's just....meh, i'll record it and watch it Sunday night, wheras before i'd stay up till 3am

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

My money is on a first round whopping of Yager by Anto.

Pretty funny how, on the last episode, they all started a scrap with Yager sayin they wanted to fight him, knowing full well that Zuffa would be looking at some of them to get on the Finale card.

The wiser man would have been winding Yager up from the start

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Pretty funny how, on the last episode, they all started a scrap with Yager sayin they wanted to fight him, knowing full well that Zuffa would be looking at some of them to get on the Finale card.

I expect Antonito to give Yager a whoopin....... until Junie Browning jumps into the cage with a steel chair while Yves Lagigne is trying to break up a fight in the crowd!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

I'm surprised that they picked Antonitto, because he was fairly much the only one who wasn't roaring at Jager. He even bumped fists with him.

I was hoping that it'd be the lad that lost a load of fights, 18-15 or something(can't think of his name) or Clayton McKinney.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

That to me was more scripted than an episode of the Hills ;)

I dont think so. If its a first round stoppage, I reckon its Yager who will be still standing. If it goes to more then 1 round, then all bets are off...

DeV.

Advertisement