Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Xbox live disconnecting

• 01-04-2010 1:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 956 ✭✭✭

Hey guys im having a bit of a problem with my brothers xbox. He keeps losing xbox live connectivity. Not while in game usually even when he's browsing the marketplace. I think the problem could be dynamic ip addresses for the devices in the house. There's my xbox, brothers xbox, family laptop, iphone, and hero all which connect through wireless. The ip addresses are all dynamic and in the same range as each other. Could this be causing conflict between the various devices?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

Yup, your best bet is to assign ip addresses to your various devices

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 956 ✭✭✭steve_

Would it be ok to set them up as static ip's but retain the current settings? For example the xbox's ip is 192.168.0.198, which is currently dynamic. Is it cool to keep this ip but just set it to static? also is there a certain range for which i can set my ip's?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

steve_ wrote: »
    Would it be ok to set them up as static ip's but retain the current settings? For example the xbox's ip is 192.168.0.198, which is currently dynamic. Is it cool to keep this ip but just set it to static? also is there a certain range for which i can set my ip's?

No, to do it statically You need to pick an ip outside the dhcp pool (those reserved to be given out dynamically) which is probably 192.168.0.100-192.168.0.200. Try 192.168.0.99 which probably not in the dhcp pool

Advertisement