Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sugar Free Flapjacks

Options
  • 01-04-2010 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭

Hi

I was thinking of baking my own flapjacks but want them to be sugar free (and all that healthy nonsense).

I guess I can use eggs as a replacement for the syrup to bind it all together but I was wondering if anyone had any better suggestions besides eggs?

Also are there any recommendations on where is best to get some nice oat groats in Dublin city?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭willietherock

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

Thank for the reply though I was wondering is butter alone enough to keep it all together? I thought that is what the syrup was needed for in a normal flapjack and since I want to go sugar free then without the syrup I figured I would need something else to keep it all cohesive.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Yup the eggs will bind it perfectly that is what I do and I add a bit of xyilitol for sweetness, they are not as crispy as normal ones but still good!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

perfect, thanks for the help.

Advertisement