Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help! Easter Baking!

Options
  • 01-04-2010 1:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭

Okay, I bought lots of things off a UK website for my Easter baking. I got Wilton buttercream icing, because I thought it would be better than what I make myself. I haven't tried my own but I'm afraid it wouldn't work out properly and that it wouldn't be creamy and silky enough. Now, I know that they're not going to get to Ireland on time for Easter. Does anyone know where they sell Wilton buttercream icing in Ireland, or any other buttercream icing. Or does anyone have a really good recipe for buttercream, which wouldn't be grainy or anything and that it would be silky and smooth!

I really need help with this!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Little Alex

Hi

I've never heard of this particular brand, but I've seen pre-made stuff in supermarkets (Dunnes/Tesco/Superquinn) from Betty Crocker and, I think, Dr. Oetker.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Magic Monkey

It's easy to make your own. Here's a recipe for a simple boiled buttercream. It's just flour and milk cooked to a thick paste, then sugar and butter beaten in. Very similar to a German buttercream, except it doesn't use pastry cream as the base, so no added egg yolks or cream.

For that recipe, 1 cup milk = 240ml, sugar = 200g, and butter = 227g.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭restaurants

MaighEoAbu wrote: »
    Does anyone know where they sell Wilton buttercream icing in Ireland, or any other buttercream icing.
    I really need help with this!
    I don't think you can buy those in Ireland. Best to find a similar product.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

It's easy to make your own. Here's a recipe for a simple boiled buttercream. It's just flour and milk cooked to a thick paste, then sugar and butter beaten in. Very similar to a German buttercream, except it doesn't use pastry cream as the base, so no added egg yolks or cream.

For that recipe, 1 cup milk = 240ml, sugar = 200g, and butter = 227g.

Thanks so much for posting this Magic Monkey, it will come in so handy when I want frosting but have run out of icing sugar! Hurrah!:D

Advertisement