Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap van hire

Options
  • 01-04-2010 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭

Lads,
    I will be moving house in about 4 weeks and looking for cheap van hire. Only moving about 10 mins down the road so should get it done over 2 days i'd say. Location is Dublin 7.

Anyone know where I can rent a decent size van for 2 - 3 days? Money very much an issue!!!:(

Cheers,

Tunner

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭tunner

bump.... anyone??

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Shifty

Have you tried Enterprise in Ikea Ballymun, I hired from them (i wasn't shopping in Ikea) and got a really good rate. They are also open at weekends for collection and drop off.

They do full day hire and half day hire. Their rates are different to those online so best to ring them or call in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

Might be cheaper to hire a "man with a van". There was a boardsie on here a while ago that had a big luton transit. I think his name was "Cormie"

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Thanks for the recommendation Poly :)

Tunner, if you want you can send me a quote request through my website, www.VanTasks.ie and I'll get back to you with a price.

If you think it will take 2 to 3 days, it may be better to hire a van yourself, but if you can get everything packed well and all ready to move in the one day, it should definitely work out cheaper, easier and less stressful to use a service such as mine. It will also mean you'll have help from the driver, use of helpful equipment you wouldn't get with a hire van and won't have to worry about the time and money collecting and dropping back a hire van.

If you think you could manage to get it all packed and ready for the one day, there's some helpful information on the following page on how to make it a quick and less painful task: http://www.vantasks.ie/index.php?page=11

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Avis rent a van do a weekend special for Friday to Monday hire which is pretty reasonable, full prices online.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭SMcDDB

Van rentals Ireland VRI at:

http://www.vanrentalireland.ie/index.php

Have used them twice in the past and are great value. They are based in Dunshaughlin but offer free drop of at your house and pick up. Excellent place.

Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭tunner

thanks for the replies so far lads. Very much appreciated. Might not get it all done in 1 day cormie unfortunately but if I get all the stuff packed up sure I will give you a bell. That sound? Its not for 6 ish weeks anyway so if anyone else can think of more places let me know. Avis looks good but does anyone know what there biggest van is?

Tunner

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

No problem tunner, just let me know if you need me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Hi all,

I just got back from using Cormie at vantasks.ie. Fantastic guy, could not reccommend him highly enough,

It wasnt the most exciting job for the guy but he dealt with me very professionally and personally.

I especially like the fact that he answered my emails after working hours, wasnt shy about getting his hands dirty and plus it was cheaper than renting a van for myself for the day.

Cheers Cormie,

:):):)

Advertisement