Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

From St Petersburg to Singapore on the trains

• 01-04-2010 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭

So I have just completed a journey alone entirely by land from St Petersburg to the most southern point on the Eurasian landmass, Singapore. [snip]
    From Kuala Lumpur I took my first flight so far to Malysian Borneo then after traveling through Sabah and Sarawak I took my second flight to Jakarta and am currently traveling in Indonesia. The route of my travel afterwards will involve circumnavigating the globe via Australia, New Zealand, Fiji the States and Canada before return to dear old Ireland.

If you would like to read about the trials of solitary long term travel over vast distances then please do have a look. Otherwise in this thread I hope to post more general updates on the trip in its entirety rather than the day to day posts which will be posted to the blog. Also of course if there are any question please dont hesitate to ask. In a previous thread I posted on the topic, which was deemed lacking in suffice merit and deleted, I was asked a question about how much my cost have run to so far, here Ill take the opportunity to answer here. So far after 7 months on the road I would estimate that Ive spent in the region of 15,000 euro all inclusive.

My experience so far are quite varied, my initial intrepedation soon gave way though I must say and so far I havent been bored or lonely a single day of my travels. I have no regrets about decided to travel for so long or at such expense. The course of my life would surely have been very different had I decided against it, many of my opinions and views on life have changed radically, indeed it has had truly a profound effect on me. I cannot recommend it highly enough to anybody so fortunate to have the opportunity, one stipulation I would add would that I should be a solitary endeavor or not at all.

Advertisement