Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

broke my n97

Options
  • 01-04-2010 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭

Just dropped my n97 . It looked oka, no visible marks but when I turned it on you cannot see the screen. Just ink marks...if you understand. Can I repair this or is it fllucked. Any recomendations on where i can fix this, if it can be fixed. Worst day ever...I love this fone.:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭not_xanthor

Was it insured by your operator?

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭darkestlord

I bought it from a guy on adverts before xmas. Thanks for that fonemaster. I'll ring em tomorrow. Anyone have a idea about cost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

sounds like you broke the screen just bring it to the phone menders and they will replace it you'll have to pay for it your self !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

You're talking big money to replace the display, get a quote first before you go ahead with it.

Any idea how much. I have't rang yet. Saw a nokia n97 screen for about 60 dollars online. Dont know if its legit. Any idea about the price

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Theta

If you are in Dublin take it to the nokia repair center on Dawson street I think. If its still there I havent been there in ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭declanobrennan

Same thing has just happened to me. The screen on my second hand n97 is dying. Fast. "Ink" marks and a flashing light.

Just wondering how the OP got on or if anyone has any other recommendations for places to fix nokia screens. I'll try that Dawson street place tomorrow morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Mprc or fonemenders will fix it for you. If you broke it, its going to cost you ofcourse, if its a fault it will be done free of charge. Locations on both their websites

Its funny the day that I decide to get rid of my n97 that someone asks how I got on. I brought it to the guy in Tallaght. I forget the company's name. He's pretty well known around here. It could be mprc that davey quoted.I think it cost about 60 but to be honest I can't remeber , could have been more.Good guy, fixed it easily enough. Worst phone I ever owned though. Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭declanobrennan

Cheers for the suggestions.

A friend told me about a Chinese place on sth great george st that will replace the screen for about 30 euro. He said going to a nokia place will cost 60.

• Advertisement
Advertisement