Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantasy Garden

Options
  • 01-04-2010 3:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

I don't know much about gardening, but for some reason I developed this fantasy project in my head the past few months which I want to eventually carry out.

I want to buy a huge plot of farm land in the desert and fill it with several themed gardens.

Firstly, I plan on moving to the UAE eventually, and I'm buying a recreational "farm" anyway. These are very popular countryside residences for people in the area and are used for barbecues, weekly get togethers etc. They're usually full of date palms, mango trees, sapodilla, citrus and some other exotic desert plants. Water is from channels and wells or pipes of desalinated water supplied by the government.

The land is cheap and in many cases already comes with the palm trees etc. Full-time gardening staff are also easy to hire.

But I want to landscape it to look like a park, i.e. more grass and then have subsections with themed gardens.

I was wondering what ideas any of you have for the types of plants/gardens that would suit the area. Can some Mediterranean plants survive?

Is this feasible?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Shekamu

Check out this aerial shot of the Shahzadeh garden in Iran:

Georg-Gertster-Bagh-e-Shahzadeh-Mahan-1977.jpg

Inside it:

bagh-e_shahzadeh_1950_jpg_600x.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Looks amazing alright wonder how much it cost to get water piped there

Advertisement