Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's the best download manager?

• 01-04-2010 4:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭

hi all,

a friend of mine put a load of documents on rapidshare so that i could download them (they were too big to email). he didn't put them in zip/rar files so now i have to download them individually. i don't want to be waiting around 15mins after each download to get the next one. so is there any download manager that if i just insert the links, it'll download them when it can, and i can just leave in the morning, and come back in the evening, with most of them downloaded?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭AttackThePoster

JDownloader is great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Komplett: Marc

Came in here to say Jdownloader :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Jdownloader involves a bit more clicking and copy and pasting than IDM (Internet Download Manager)

Install IDM and Linkification addon in Firefox - and its just one right-click to download any file(s) from now on!

Biggins wrote: »
    Jdownloader involves a bit more clicking and copy and pasting than IDM (Internet Download Manager)

Install IDM and Linkification addon in Firefox - and its just one right-click to download any file(s) from now on!

JDownloader integrates into firefox using Flashgot in the same way.

Once installed go into settings and click on install flashgot for firefox and hey presto, right click to download.

• Advertisement

sink wrote: »
    JDownloader integrates into firefox using Flashgot in the same way.
    Once installed go into settings and click on install flashgot for firefox and hey presto, right click to download.

Cool. :cool:

Its just personal preference but I've found IDM much faster at downloading than any other managers.
    Either way whatever someone uses, they can't go far wrong with either then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

thanks for all the suggestions. i think i'll go with JDownloader. IDM, you can only use for 30 days free. i'll prob get be downloading other stuff off rapidshare in the future.

does Jdownloader work with other file-hosting sites, like Megaupload, hotfile, netload etc?

i do use the NUIG wifi to download stuff onto my laptop when i'm in the library. if i disconnect/reconnect my laptop, will i get a new ip address to bypass the 15min wait for rapidshare downloading?

thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭faigs

Yes you can add accounts from various hosting sites.

whiteman19 wrote: »
    thanks for all the suggestions. i think i'll go with JDownloader. IDM, you can only use for 30 days free. i'll prob get be downloading other stuff off rapidshare in the future.

does Jdownloader work with other file-hosting sites, like Megaupload, hotfile, netload etc?
    I'd assume so. IDM definitely does.

whiteman19 wrote: »

i do use the NUIG wifi to download stuff onto my laptop when i'm in the library. if i disconnect/reconnect my laptop, will i get a new ip address to bypass the 15min wait for rapidshare downloading?

thanks

It works with every host I've ever come across.

The great thing about JDownloader is you can set it to automatically renew your IP after every download. It also has CAPTCHA recognition so you don't have to type in the code for every download.

• Advertisement

Should also mention that it can be set to automatically extract zip/rar/7zip/hjsplit archive packages, and then delete the archives when the extraction is complete. It also stores archive passwords to save you having to type them in individually, you can store thousands of passwords and it will find the right password for the archive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭eddhorse

I use Cryptload, might try JDownloader though....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Rebel021

Biggins wrote: »

Its the only way to go:D:):D:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

downloaded JDownloader, looks very nice. going to start downloading tomorrow. thanks to all for recommendation.

ME VERY HAPPY :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

the only and i mean only problem with jdownloader is its clunky java interface...... it would be much nicer with a native windows interface :)

Advertisement