Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Avonmore no more?

Options
  • 01-04-2010 4:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭

It has come to my attention that neither Dunnes nor Tesco's seem to stock Avonmore 'Easy-pour' two litre plastic cartons anymore (normal fat content). I don't understand why. Has anyone else noticed this?

It bothers me IMMENSELY as I use quite a lot of milk, and this is the only type that I like to use, as it is cheap, but doesn't have a plastic carton taste from it as all the others do. I now have to use Avonmore SuperMilk to avoid the plastic carton taste from milk, and it costs 50c extra per two litres.

Just wondering what is going on??? Dunnes don't even have the low fat sh!t anymore, but Tescos do. And no I wouldn't use that anyway

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Next time you are in Dunnes dont bother asking the girls on the shop floor. You can ask the person going around with the hand scanner. They work in a department called EPOS or failing that ask for somebody in EPOS.

Or walk into the storeroom, go upstairs and go past cereals and toilet rolls and there is an office in the corner. Outside the office(EPOS) is a filing cabinet. Its alphabetical. Find the Avenmore storecard(list of all products) and see if that product is still on it.

Next to it on the right will be 5 colums telling you the total sales in each of the preceeding weeks. If there are no sales then the definately do not have it, if there are sales then it keeps going out of stock, crap salesman or crap merchandisers as Dunnes do not stack the dairy shelves themselves.

Option 1 is probably the easiest or you could just phone Dunnes and ask for EPOS or the Assistant Grocery Manager but I would nearly guarantee they wouldn't have a clue.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭L.T.P.

It has come to my attention that neither Dunnes nor Tesco's seem to stock Avonmore 'Easy-pour' two litre plastic cartons anymore (normal fat content). I don't understand why. Has anyone else noticed this?

It bothers me IMMENSELY as I use quite a lot of milk, and this is the only type that I like to use, as it is cheap, but doesn't have a plastic carton taste from it as all the others do. I now have to use Avonmore SuperMilk to avoid the plastic carton taste from milk, and it costs 50c extra per two litres.

Just wondering what is going on??? Dunnes don't even have the low fat sh!t anymore, but Tescos do. And no I wouldn't use that anyway

Why don't you just buy a different brand?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

L.T.P. wrote: »
    Why don't you just buy a different brand?

:rolleyes: Obviously I wouldn't have a written a thread for someone to come up with that suggestion. If it was that simple I would've just done that

The reason I don't, if you're actually asking, is written in my original post.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Mollywolly

Do you have a Centra handy? Our local Centra sells both full-fat and low-fat, so everybody's happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

Or you could just buy the cardboard litre cartons. I know what you mean about the taste from plastic containers, mank.

• Advertisement
Advertisement