Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Media] Clamps removed by angle grinder

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

johno2 wrote: »
    Why don't they just put a 1.8m height barrier across the entrance to the estate and be done with the problem.

Probably because they wouldn't get planning permission for it. :rolleyes:

They do seem to be overzealous in their rules, but the restriction on commercial vehicles is not new, and it's actually quite common. It is generally specified in the planning permission and dictated by the local authority.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Theres a big difference between someone doing a job and someone parking up everynight. I've noticed some people with big vans tend to park them away from their own house, and definately not in front. That is usually the start of problem. No one seems to have a problem with a van or similar once its off the road and not in front of other peoples houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

What gets me is that he's been living there for two years, yet it was only in the last year that the rule came into effect, forcing him out.

Haven't watched the videos yet, but will do when I go home.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

loyatemu wrote: »
    in addition to the reasons given above, commercial vehicles parked in residential estates are a safety hazard.

High-sided vans can block the view of drivers pulling out of their driveways, or turning into side roads and onto greens - particularly hazardous in areas where children are likely to be playing.

Saying "its my only vehicle" is not an excuse - if you're running a business, finding a legitimate parking space for your vehicle is an expense you should take account of.

Yea good thing there aren't high sided vans on public roads.

Oh wait :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

the_syco wrote: »
    What gets me is that he's been living there for two years, yet it was only in the last year that the rule came into effect, forcing him out.....

Theres a few blurry parties in this story...

1) Estate’s property management company.
    2) The Owner of the Van
    3) 96% of people on petition in support of the Van owner
    4) Residents’ Association

I say blurry because the Sec of the Residents’ Association says its the Estate’s property management company, but then says "If we give leeway to one person then we’ll have to do it for everyone” which kinda contradicts that its the management company pushing this.

If its the Residents’ Association then that contradicts the 96% of people on the petition. Unless of course both or either are not representative of the group. And of course who knows if the reporting is accurate either.

I don't think we're hearing the full story tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,698 ✭✭✭jd

In the Wexford People

Man in bitter parking row hits ‘The Consumer Show’

A WEXFORD man who was the centre of a bitter row over parking at the Hollyville Heights estate will feature on RTE's new consumer affairs show next Monday night.
    Seamus Kenny hit the headlines earlier this year due to the row, which saw him regularly clamped ... as the estate has a ban on commercial vehicles.

Advertisement