Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bianchi Sizing

• 01-04-2010 4:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/bianchi/via-nirone-7-xenon-2010-road-bike-ec021257

I'm looking to get one of these bad boys and am just wondering what size would people recommend. I'm 6 foot and it seems I need either a 57 or 59. I know some heads on here have the same bike so I'd love some opinions.

I'm fully aware that I should go to a bike shop and get fitted but that may not be an option.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭dave2pvd

I'd say not a 59.

I raced the T-Cube for 2 years. I'm 6'1.5" with a 32.5" inseam. The 57cm worked for me, using a 130mm stem.

Bianchi's HC and B4P frames tend to be regular-sized, i.e. squarish, with top tube not too much longer than seat tube. I honestly don't know about the C2C bikes (supposed to be more like a Spec Roubaix bike). The Bianchi website does have geometry charts, however.

If I was you, I'd go get a pro bike fit. Show the fitter the geometry you're considering and get some advice as to whether the 57 or 59 is best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,166 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Difficult to do this on the internet, but it looks like you're between sizes (or either size will fit, depending on how you look at it).

575mm (size 59) is a long top tube for a six footer, but then 560mm (size 57) is on the short side.

Obviously you can vary stem length to fit, so it somewhat depends on how aggressive you want the position - the 180mm head tube on the 59 is pretty tall (165mm on the 57).

If you don't need a very upright position, the shorter top tube gives you sharper handling and more fit options.

Do you have a current road bike to compare?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭nomadic

Lumen wrote: »
    Difficult to do this on the internet, but it looks like you're between sizes (or either size will fit, depending on how you look at it).

575mm (size 59) is a long top tube for a six footer, but then 560mm (size 57) is on the short side.

Obviously you can vary stem length to fit, so it somewhat depends on how aggressive you want the position - the 180mm head tube on the 59 is pretty tall (165mm on the 57).

If you don't need a very upright position, the shorter top tube gives you sharper handling and more fit options.

Do you have a current road bike to compare?
    No its going to be my first road bike. I'll be using it for tri's mostly so a fairly agressive position will suit. A 57 it seems.
    Thanks lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Bikerbhoy

Where are you based @ nomadic ? Reason I ask is would you consider whizzing up to Paul Slane in Belfast also a Bianchi dealer as he should have both sizes in stock and you could actually try out for size before you buy saves on any uncertainty or disappointment plus hes a few pound cheaper , hes also known to give the odd discount too...

C2C Great Range by the way, wont go wrong

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

+1 on that. Any doubts visit Slane. I've always had fantastic service from them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭nomadic

I'm in dublin so could pop up. I'm planning on getting it from them anyway.

Advertisement