Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My sports tips.

Options
  • 01-04-2010 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭coughlan08

would darts be considered one of these sports that is very hard to predict any sort of result,as the room for error is so minimal,,dont no much about darts.....
    have you been able to make a profit from darts..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭dotsflan

[

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭radharc

Best of luck with it!

just a suggestion,as its your tread
    if you start with a balance, say 100 points/euro,and bet accordingly with the points, i.e if your confident put more points/euro on the bet,visa versa..
    this way it will help the reader whether to follow your selections or not,it will also determin whether your in profit or not..;)
    ???
    :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Kod-box

And if you lose, say 100pts/€ just edit it to 10 pts/€ and hope no-one will notice, eh Coughlan.

Kod-box wrote: »
    And if you lose, say 100pts/€ just edit it to 10 pts/€ and hope no-one will notice, eh Coughlan.

now were tlking:D, well done kod another little smart comment to be added to the books.....this is actually becoming fun cause ye actually prob think i care but i dont,il still keep posting my selections and kod-box i know you will keep backing them,,good boy;)

dotsflan wrote: »
    ok lads please dont start here!!!:D

from now on il do a points system

1pt = €5 0r less
    2pt = €10
    3pt = €20
    4pt = €25
    5pt = €30

As im a student €30 is my max bet:D so i hope this will give ye some sort of idea how confident i am in my selections

ok nice1, that should make it easyier for both of us,
    bit of advice for ya,dont edit your stake if you lose,ilearned this the hard way.....:o
    best of luck though!!!!:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭heavyballs

ok lads please dont start here!!!:D

from now on il do a points system

1pt = €5 0r less
    2pt = €10
    3pt = €20
    4pt = €25
    5pt = €30

As im a student €30 is my max bet:D so i hope this will give ye some sort of idea how confident i am in my selections

no it would give me a better indication that you've a nice little kitty from the parents to work from,although i'll give you the benefit of the doubt,i'll check out your bets but darts is dodgey,actually any individual sport is dogdey,

i play a lot of golf,i can tell before the round how i'm going to play by my practice
    likewise dart and snooker players to name a few will practice before they compete,it's a 50/50 bet when you're talking about like v like as it is in the premier league darts

• Registered Users Posts: 7 bob82

You are gona bet on a snooker player at odds of 4/5,hahaha,your mad!!!they are stupid odds,better off goin down the bookies and betting on the nags,better odds too!!

bob82 wrote: »
    You are gona bet on a snooker player at odds of 4/5,hahaha,your mad!!!they are stupid odds,better off goin down the bookies and betting on the nags,better odds too!!

who's this aimed at,use the quote,
    and no you're not better backing on horses,only way to back horses is if you inside info,i use to but not anymore so i only back when i go to the track and the grand national for a bit of craic for the kids
    actually might back 1 in the irish national on Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 33,184 ✭✭✭✭CSF

heavyballs wrote: »
    only way to back horses is if you inside info
    Why post statements that you clearly haven't got the foggiest about? What if you just know alot about horses, watch alot of horse racing, are able to study horse, jockey and training form excellently and make selections based on that coupled with course and ground? How exactly is that any different to picking the results of any sport? The difference being that horseracing isn't a sport that most people are that educated on, so they assume its just luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 bob82

who's this aimed at,use the quote,
    and no you're not better backing on horses,only way to back horses is if you inside info,i use to but not anymore so i only back when i go to the track and the grand national for a bit of craic for the kids
    actually might back 1 in the irish national on Monday

it was aimed at dotsflan,only new to boards,betting is a mugs game to be honest with you!!i went to cheltenham to see my uncles horse running and he was fancied but came in sixth,hes one d last six grade ones out of seven so its a good horse!sure denman was the banker for the festival and he fell,id rather back a horse than a human,humans are un-reliable!!hahaha

sure denman was the banker for the festival and he fell
    You mean Kauto Star, and he certainly was no banker, has a history of falling so it was no great surprise when he did. If he stayed up he'd probably have won though in spite of the fact that he didn't run at his best.

no it would give me a better indication that you've a nice little kitty from the parents to work from,although i'll give you the benefit of the doubt,i'll check out your bets but darts is dodgey,actually any individual sport is dogdey,

i play a lot of golf,i can tell before the round how i'm going to play by my practice
    likewise dart and snooker players to name a few will practice before they compete,it's a 50/50 bet when you're talking about like v like as it is in the premier league darts

are you implying that i scrounge off my parents? well more luck too you. i worked for the last 4 years and saved up for college cause my parents couldnt afford to send me. im not bothering with this thread anymore all negative feedback since i started.

CSF wrote: »
    Why post statements that you clearly haven't got the foggiest about? What if you just know alot about horses, watch alot of horse racing, are able to study horse, jockey and training form excellently and make selections based on that coupled with course and ground? How exactly is that any different to picking the results of any sport? The difference being that horseracing isn't a sport that most people are that educated on, so they assume its just luck.

that just a load of bs and i'll tell ya why
    i did own a horse along with 3 friends many years ago,so i know probably more than you do regarding horses
    now to tackle your point,if it was as easy as you say and it was all down to form,track etc it would be great
    that's not the case,trainers not training horses to be fit for races(i have first hand experience of this)and telling the owners same is the main reason why i stay away in general
    if backing horses was that easy why did so many punters just like you loose their hole during Cheltenham
    look at all the winners in Cheltenham,you'll do well with the majority of winners to find reasond why you should have in fact backed those horses

can the mods please close this thread thanks

it was aimed at dotsflan,only new to boards,betting is a mugs game to be honest with you!!i went to cheltenham to see my uncles horse running and he was fancied but came in sixth,hes one d last six grade ones out of seven so its a good horse!sure denman was the banker for the festival and he fell,id rather back a horse than a human,humans are un-reliable!!hahaha

i agree with the above but what about the human on top,regarding other betting snooker is probably the most corrupt and easy to cheat in
    that's why if i'm having a serious bet i'll stick with team sports,my fav is club hurling,have made a fair few quid over the years with that,paddy power arn't up to scratch with their price when players are missing or injured

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭bluefinger

i did own a horse along with 3 friends many years ago,so i know probably more than you do regarding horses
    now to tackle your point,if it was as easy as you say and it was all down to form,track etc it would be great
    that's not the case,trainers not training horses to be fit for races(i have first hand experience of this)and telling the owners same is the main reason why i stay away in general
    if backing horses was that easy why did so many punters just like you loose their hole during Cheltenham
    look at all the winners in Cheltenham,you'll do well with the majority of winners to find reasond why you should have in fact backed those horses

personally, i think there's too many variables with horses, you're back a horse a jockey, course/goiing and stable, all with their own mutliplying factors. at least with darts/snooker/tennis it's usually down to the individual and the playing surface, just my opinion based on too many years betting. now i'm off to have a bet on mark williams in the china open.

can the mods please close this thread thanks
    boo hoo,i did say i'd give your selections a whirl,whats your prob?

boo hoo,i did say i'd give your selections a whirl,whats your prob?[/QUOTE

eh i think you'll find your the problem

Em the point I'm making is that bookies make a mint off every sport, with racing no more of a losers game than any based on your knowledge of the respective sports. You know tonnes of football matches are thrown too right?

bluefinger wrote: »
    personally, i think there's too many variables with horses, you're back a horse a jockey, course/goiing and stable, all with their own mutliplying factors. at least with darts/snooker/tennis it's usually down to the individual and the playing surface, just my opinion based on too many years betting. now i'm off to have a bet on mark williams in the china open.
    This is reflected in the odds you get.

Em the point I'm making is that bookies make a mint off every sport, with racing no more of a losers game than any based on your knowledge of the respective sports. You know tonnes of football matches are thrown too right?

wouldn't disagree,lots of matches thrown,you won't catch me backing on any foreign league(bar uk),
    as i stated earlier,for me the most profitable over the years has been club hurling matches,i have a bookie who will take decent bets off me,absolutely no corruption and a huge gulf betwen certain teams

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭bluefinger

This is reflected in the odds you get.

yeah, i realise that. the point i was making is that from a gambling point of view there are way less variables involved in sports like snooker and tennis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

I'm gonna lock this thread on Dotsflans request. It's not a challenge log thread anymore at all. If you wanna start a new thread in the other section about value on Horses feel free but please behave in that one

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement