Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aiptek D10 mobile DVD player

Options
  • 01-04-2010 4:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I bought a mobile DVD player (as seen on the late late toy show) as a Christmas present. When we tried to use it, it turned out to be faulty and wouldn't load any DVD's. The shop replaced the product, but two months later the new one has now developed the same fault. I'm being told that 7,500 were sold in ireland and I'm the only one having problems! Has anyone else experienced problems with this product?:(

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Mallow123 wrote: »
    I'm being told that 7,500 were sold in ireland and I'm the only one having problems!

That's quite irrelevant to your problem and sounds like whoever told you that little "fact" is accusing you of doing the damage.

Since you've already had it replaced once for the same problem bring it back to the shop and ask for a refund, they can offer you a repair or refund - not a credit note.

Also I'm moving this to consumer issues as you'll get more knowledgeable replies there hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

If a product is faulty, then you are entitled to a repair, replacement or refund. This is to be agreed between yourself and the retailer. The first time the product failed, you were happy to accept the offer of a replacement - all good.

Now the product has failed for a second time. At this point, it is reasonable to assume that you have lost faith in the product, and as such, you are reasonably entitled to reject further offers of replacement, instead choosing instead a repair or refund.

I had this exact problem a few years ago with an external DVD writer from PC world. When the second one failed, they provided me with a refund no problem.

Advertisement