Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hair question.

• 01-04-2010 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭

Hows it going.
    I got really unique hairstyle going on at the moment, I used to have hair like that fat dude out of Super Bad, but then I chemically straightened it and bleached it and it looked cool and then the back of my hair went curly after a while so now I just straighten my fringe.

My mum is a hairdresser and got more of the chemical hair straightener so I want to do it again, but she said I cant put bleach in it because itl **** up my hair, but I had it done before and it wasn't really bad at all.

The last time I did it, I got a tiny section of my hair halved. I don't know what happened but the hair just snapped in two, but my mum said it was probably from using a straightening iron on the bleached hair too soon after doing it.
    So I just want some help in finding out can I chemically straighten the bleached hair, or should I bleach the chemically straightened hair. Does it leave any permanent damage or will my hair just grow perfectly fine again, because I'm not sure if it is just damage on the current hair or if it will grow out messed up.
    Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭punkindrublic

If your mother is a hairdresser and tells you it's a bad idea, it probably is. If you do go ahead and bleach it make sure you buy some treatments for it and use them often afterwards. And don't use hair straighteners or blowdry your hair until it's back to a healthy condition. I bleached my hair to the point where it was breaking off like yours about 5 years ago and the biggest mistakes I made were a. Leaving bleach on too long, b. Didn't condition my hair as much as I should have/use treatments, using straightening irons/blow drying/etc

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭AndyOHart

Yeah I get you. But I have bleached my hair around 4 times in the past 3 years so I don't think it is doing alot of damage. I usually just bleach it at summer time and all so I don't think it is too bad.

Advertisement