Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welcome back Coca-Cola

Options
  • 01-04-2010 4:52pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 202 ✭✭

Havent been to the arts SU shop but I see the shop in the science hub haven't started stocking Coca-Cola yet, any ideas on why? Is it just that they are trying to get rid of their old stock before they order in the new stock which will include what we voted to allow?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Asked one of the guys in the science shop will they still stock pepsi, he said they will, that makes me happy.

As long as the presence of coke doesnt impede my access to pepsi I'm happy :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 202 ✭✭Go-Go-Gadget

Cant they stock both? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

They can stock whatever the hell they want.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Cant they stock both? :)

They will, but my concern is the smaller SU shops mightnt have room to stock both..... meh

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭F.R.

I believe it has to do with which company paid for the fridges and the lack of space in the Science SU shop to put another fridge in.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 202 ✭✭Go-Go-Gadget

They usually have a few spaces empty so its not that they couldnt fit it in. I just find it odd that we vote it back in and a month later nothing has changed.

Any word on if the library SU shop has started stocking it yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

Any word on if the library SU shop has started stocking it yet?

they have indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

I for one welcome our tooth-decaying, coca-cola making overlords

• Registered Users Posts: 26,410 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Its strange, most shops seem to have both but pubs usually only stock one or the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭muffinman

noodler wrote: »
    Its strange, most shops seem to have both but pubs usually only stock one or the other.

Not really.. most off licences have dutch gold and bavaria.. Most pubs (if they have either) only have one.. space, etc.. Personally, I'm delighted that i don't have to walk all the way across to the vending machines to get my coke now...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭MissHoneyBun

After all the efforts of the revolutionaries back in '03 to rid the campus of Coke! :eek::eek: If O'Leary wasn't turning in his grave already, this will definitely do it. Pesky mnc's :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

As a previous post said a lot of its to do with the fridge space.

Pepsi currently have the contracts for the fridges so they arent going to give them up easily at all because of the amount of money its worth to them. Coke will probably have to pay them a rather large amount to mooch in on their space seeing as all other fridges are owned by lucozade or the water companies

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

MrKingsley wrote: »
    As a previous post said a lot of its to do with the fridge space.

Pepsi currently have the contracts for the fridges so they arent going to give them up easily at all because of the amount of money its worth to them. Coke will probably have to pay them a rather large amount to mooch in on their space seeing as all other fridges are owned by lucozade or the water companies

Is that an official statement? ;)

Tbh, I've always used the coke machines rather than the drinks in the SU shop fridges anyway. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

I'm actually more surprised to find that people care about their brand of cola, so much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

I find Pepsi tastes better, so I prefer it. Also, it comes in bigger bottles

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

dyl10 wrote: »
    Is that an official statement? ;)

Not quite dyl. Due to my bitterness for the su shops im just leaking some of their top secret...............well secrets i suppose:cool:

Advertisement