Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maamturks mountains

Options
  • 01-04-2010 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭

Are there any boardsies living near the Maamturks, and is there snow on them? Is it thick cover, light cover? Is it all over or just on the top of the mountains?

Thanks!!! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Yes, there's some snow on them. I passed that way today. I can't tell you how light or heavy though as the road doesn't go up them, and I didn't have me Meindls with me ;) I would say the top 1/6th or so have some amount of the white stuff on them. I didn't pay an awful lot of heed passing so can't be much more help than that I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

Tester46 wrote: »
    Are there any boardsies living near the Maamturks, and is there snow on them? Is it thick cover, light cover? Is it all over or just on the top of the mountains?

Thanks!!! :)

if you are looking to go hiking there the snow won't be a problem. obviously you should have appropraite hiking gear.

Advertisement