Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English Essay?

Options
  • 01-04-2010 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭

This has probably been asked before...Sorry:o

Is it possible to just learn off a story and mould it around whatever title comes up?

I was never much for short stories, more of a personal essay man, but was thinking of stealing one out of a movie?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

No. Just learn the fecking material.

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭stainluss

NufcNavan wrote: »
    the fecking material.
    And what fecking material would this be?:p

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭ihavequestions

stainluss wrote: »
    Is it possible to just learn off a story and mould it around whatever title comes up?

I was never much for short stories, more of a personal essay man, but was thinking of stealing one out of a movie?

I would say it would be ok...as long as you change the story some bit and choose a plotline thats not too famous like!
    I'm a repeat and I based my short story in the leaving last year loosely on the "Step Up" plot (gay I know) but I got 85 on it... so they mustn've noticed/cared !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭Ronan Keating

Stealing from a movie?

Get away outta that.

The examiner is not going to award you for stealing Scorcese's script.

Use your own brain.

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭stainluss

Scorcese's script.

Mind reader:eek:

Shutter Island will get me 100:D:D

Ah no I meant the plot loosely, no dialogue or anything... lets give the examiner some credit :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

Stealing from a movie?

Get away outta that.

The examiner is not going to award you for stealing Scorcese's script.

Yeah, s/he will. There's nothing wrong with using elements from a film, soap, novel or computer game, as long as you don't copy it word for word, step by step. The marks are for the writing and answering the question.

Every script has been influenced by something else, nothing (especially a LC essay) is 100% original.

Advertisement