Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Licences Good Friday

Options
  • 01-04-2010 6:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭

I assume they are not included in the exemption the publicans got so would I be right in saying we still have to stock up on drink tonight?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Jigga wrote: »
    I assume they are not included in the exemption the publicans got so would I be right in saying we still have to stock up on drink tonight?

Yes,go now.Run,run

Dunnes and Tesco have good offers on at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

Damn, i don't get paid until tomorrow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

Yes,go now.Run,run

Dunnes and Tesco have good offers on at the moment.
    What offer have Dunnes and Tesco got? I was planning on heading to Lidl and stocking up there

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭browne_rob5

Was in Tesco in the Crescent earlier today and these are the offers I availed of.

20 Bottles of Bud - €15
    20 Bottles of Heineken - €20
    8 Cans of Heineken - €10

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

Tesco 24 bottles stella €15

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Tesco 24 bottles wife beater €15

FYP

Wetbench4 wrote: »
    Damn, i don't get paid until tomorrow!

Sorry to rain on your parade but the banks are closed tomorrow, my wages get delayed by a day whenever there is a bank holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

Spent the €5 i saved on heineken on 3 easter eggs.
    Don't have a wife :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

shaaane wrote: »
    Sorry to rain on your parade but the banks are closed tomorrow, my wages get delayed by a day whenever there is a bank holiday.

depends on what bank.

BOI put wages in at 12ish midnight so wages go through on time. but AIB put wages through at 6am so it gets delayed. dont know why it cant just auto go through but thats the way it was not too long ago

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Smart companies put through wages a day early ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

Smart companies put through wages a day early ;)
    cheap companies dont;)

alot of companies need to wait for a certain day for other cash to go into their accounts to transfer wages. not as simple as just giving the cash early. they sometimes wouldnt have it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,590 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

It was gas down in Dunnes this evening. Each of the three people in front of me in the que had a considerable stash of alcohol in their trolly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

Aidric wrote: »
    It was gas down in Dunnes this evening. Each of the three people in front of me in the que had a considerable stash of alcohol in their trolly.

The vodka and whiskey was flying out the door of the dunnes i work in. People buying trolley loads of miller and bud as if the off liciences were never going to open again...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

I remember when I worked in a supermarket about 20 years ago, on Holy Thursday people's trolley's used be full of sliced pans.

Oh how times have changed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

shaaane wrote: »

No i got paid today, its all automated.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

If you had a Wife you wouldn't have 3 Chocolate Eggs either :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Tesco 24 bottles stella €15
    Wetbench4 wrote: »
    No i got paid today, its all automated.

Contact Munstergirl - She's got more Booze and Chocolate than she can safely handle......

Advertisement