Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thoughts on these phones?

Options
  • 01-04-2010 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭

Hi, has anyone experience with any of these phones? Trying to find a phone for less than €250, so other recommendations are more than welcome.

Samsung Omnia Pro B7330

HTC Snap

Blackberry 8520 Curve

The main feature I want is Wifi. Not bothered about the camera/music functions.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Are you looking for this handset sim free?

I dont know if you would push a little more in and go for the E72? Would be around the €300 sim free, or maybe €100 less on bill

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭TheColl

Would it be worth the extra €80 or so?

EDIT: Yes i'm looking for sim free as i dont want to go back to bill pay.

The Blackberry isn't a 3g handset, so a reason i personally wouldn't be getting it.

The Snap camera is poor, and im not a huge fan of the trackball design. You would get used to it, but i prefer the navigation style button.

Leaving it between the samsung and the nokia, but not much between them. Biggest difference is windows verus symbian. If you have had windows prefer, then the samsung is probably your best bet as its a good bit cheaper then the e72.

If you want to but in the extra cash it is a nice handset, and best spec out of all of them. Fonezonline crowd have the e72 for €309, think thats the cheapest i have seen it.

Go play with them instore anyway before you decide to see how they feel to you. Best of luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭TheColl

ok thanks for the advice! what about the e71?

TheColl wrote: »
    ok thanks for the advice! what about the e71?

Ye still a great device, and you will get one at a low enough price now. If going second hand, you wont have a whole lot of warranty left is the only thing, but its not a handset that has given big problems

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭globemaster1986

Out of those 3 i'd go for the Blackberry Curve 8520. Yes it doesn't have 3G but as OP says has wifi and edge is fine for email delivery etc. It doesn't have a trackball it has a trackpad (a mini version of what is on your laptop/netbook) which is really neat and intuitive to use. The keyboard is also better than the other two. It wins hands down for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,091 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

If you want 3G and WiFi, you could get a Samsung Jet S8000 sim free off ebay for €220 or less on occasion. The OS isn't brilliant but it is usable and the camera is excellent. WiFi works well and the included web browser is very usable. The screen is one of the best available on any phone.

Advertisement