Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get steel toe cap boots in Galway?

Options
  • 01-04-2010 6:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭

Hi there,
    Need to pick up a set of these as I'm starting a course next week in welding.

I wouldn't mind getting something with abit of design in them as opposed to the usual standard ones.

Any ideas appreciated - thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 The Bug

Caulfields

http://www.caulfieldindustrial.com/files/home1.asp

They're based in Galway. I know thats where my work got them.

Footwear page
    http://www.caulfieldindustrial.com/files/searchresults.asp?Chapter=C23&ProductGroup=Safety+Footwear

They have loads, I've a girls pair that looks like runners really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭irlforum

Ah Caulfields of course - I'll check out the links. Really nice store they have in Oranmore. Was never in the Tuam one.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 The Bug

I was never in either! I think we ordered over the phone and they delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

Also www.safetydirect.ie on Tuam Road

Cheers guys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Portwest, or at least i think thats the name :rolleyes:

Its a new shop down towards cross street

JJayoo wrote: »
    Portwest, or at least i think thats the name :rolleyes:

Its a new shop down towards cross street

Yes portwest is the right name. Would have never thought of them - would have tended to associate them primarily with surfing gear but I think they do workwear alright. There store is inconvenient for parking compared to the rest but I suppose they do have the advantage of being open late on Thursdays as opposed to having to waste most of my lunch hour on the other guys.

Still having said that I might stick to Caulfields or Safety direct seeing as there will be more brand range.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭kieran26

anchor safety is also good behind that suits place beside western motors good selection

Advertisement