Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pot Roast

Options
  • 01-04-2010 7:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭

I bought some pot roast for Easter Sunday, because it was on special offer in Tesco, but I'm not 100% sure of how to cook it. I do want to oven cook it though. I did google for a recipe but there was too many different recipes. Can someone recommend a tried and tested method, please. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,972 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

http://busycooks.about.com/od/howtocook/a/potroast101.htm

Tougher cuts of meat need liquid to tenderise them, and long slow cooking.

I use a liquid made up of cumin, tomato paste, a tin of tomatoes, oxo vegetable cubes (2), a small bit of garlic and onion, and some red wine, and put the meat into that mix in a large ovenproof pot. Into the oven at 180 deg for half an hour, then lower the heat to 150-160 for 2.5 hours minimum. I dont bother browning it.

Melt in the mouth stuff. Now I have to go cook it!

Advertisement