Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milanos opening soon

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

croker95 wrote: »
    Anyone been in to the new one in Ennis yet ?
    I haven't but hear it's packed every night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭golfball37

There was a q outside to get in when I was up twon on Sat evening- 6pm approx.

heard its cheap and cheerful and most importantly value for money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

Passed it last night at about half 9, full bar 2 tables

http://milanooffers.ie/ good value offers on their website too (if it redirects to milanos.ie then theres no offer at present)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭MikeyGorse

Really looking forward to trying this place out,great to see a quality affordable restaurant opening up in town. Beats the sight of euroshop's and gold for money shop's opening up!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Nevermind_

was in there a few nights ago, it was busy and the manager looked seriously stressed (sweat pouring off him). Its not that big a place maybe 45 or so seats.
    I made the mistake of not having their pizza and had the pasta which to be honest was bland. I do like their pizza though.
    At least the choice of restaurants in ennis is slowly improving.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭maiden

Went there with a group of eight, the tables next to us may as well have been sitting with us, we aere so close to them.
    Ordered a bottle of white wine and asked the waiter to have another one ready when we finished the intial one, the second one was warm when put on the table. I asked him for a cold one and he said he didnt have one, i asked why he didnt tell us (we could have ordered a different brand in the fridge) instead of just putting it on the table and he shrugged his shoulders. He gave us an ice bucket with the warm wine, we got four cubes and no water in the ice bucket.

Starters served and as each person was finished he collected the plate in a mad rush, eight people, eight times interrupted during starters. Main course the same.

Food was good and the fact we had BOGOF vouchers it helped.

BUT when we got the bill, the vouchers weren't included, eventually sorted.

I wont be back in a hurry, have to say worst restaurant experience ever. Its way too cluttered, they should take out a few tables!

Oh and had to wait half hour for our booked table!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 80 ✭✭NCG

We were there on Friday - very happy with food and service. In general, it's great to see new restaurants opening in Ennis and providing a bit of a lift. Off the top of my head, in the last month:
    - Milano's
    - Zest
    - Beehive (moved but bigger)
    - Prince Dragon replacement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭dreababyluxe

Haven't eaten in the Ennis establishment yet but have had Pizza Express up north and in the UK, which was delicious, so I am really looking forward to trying out the food here. Friends of mine always ate in the Cork one too when I lived there, and I do recall it was known back then as one of the less expensive places to eat (as someone here pointed out already). I DO think the prices are reasonable, and applaud their 2 main meals for €18 offers, and buy 1 get another for €1.

Speaking of pizza? What do we think of Numero Unos on here? I've only ever had their pizzas take away a few times (although I've ate there with friends since I was about 14) and both my boyfriend and I thought they were up there with some of the best. Yum-my!

Must also say I recently ate at Zest and Rowan Tree, and thought their food was delicious too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Le_Dieux

CptSternn wrote: »
    Sounds like the Thai place right up the road. Don't get me wrong, Thai Palace is not bad to eat at, however, 95% of whats on the menu is CHINESE and not Thai food. They have maybe one or two Thai dishes, the rest are all Chinese, and available on all the Chinese menus on the other seven or eight Chinese restaurants in town.

I just wish they had real Thai food, proper Thai dishes. I mean, where is the tom kha gai? Moo ping? I mean, they have no traditional Thai dishes like gyow grob, and one of my favourites gai pad gra pow. They also have no proper Thai style fresh spring rolls, which normally are served raw, not fried, with shrimp and mint inside special rice paper.

Again, not a bad place to grab dinner, BUT, it is just a Chinese place with two Thai dishes on the menu.

Thats what your comment about the Alamo reminded me of. A steak house that has everything, except a good selection of steak. Then again, we have that new chicken place in town that serves burgers, fish, and a large selection of things that are not chicken.

Hi

My OH is not only Thai, but also a chef. Her motto is NOT to go to ANY of the 'restaurants that 'share' cuisine. We have a couple of restaurants here that purport to be Thai, but we cannot see any Thai nationals working there...so we give them a wide berth.

One that is highly recommended is Lanna's in Fermoy, but of course, thats a long way from Ennis - sorry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

Theres a place called The Royal Orchird in that laneway across from O' Mahonys, suppose to be real authentic thai cuisine with no MSG used but I think it has closed down because I haven't seen it open in a month or two.

I've always wanted to try Thai and now my luck has run out, well until I get to Limerick or Galway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭tagoona

There's a pub/restraunt in Corofin, Bofey Quins is now doing Thai food as well, but they got a thai chef in. Really nice food btw

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭alibride

yes the royal orchid has closed down , which is such a pity, we loved it.
    tried milanos last tuesday nite, fully booked out so we had a drink in the brewrey and they called us when a table was free, they dont take bookings for groups under 7 (there was 5 of us).
    anyway starters were fab, pizzas were lovely. i got pasta and the chicken was a bit dry (cant beat the scilian for pasta)
    but desert was delicious, so we enjoyed it overall,
    waitress was excellent and really knew her stuff (which makes a change from the usual "i dunno" answer we get in most restaurants nowadays....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Milanos booked out on a tuesday night???Christ ennis must have bad restaurants the one in Limerick its grand for a fast bite/cheap but i wouldnt class it for a nice meal

Advertisement