Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's the story with the dell website. Can you not make PCs anymore?

• 01-04-2010 7:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭

I been on the dell website a fair bit lately and was just wondering what he story was, can you not build custom PCs anymore? I've selected various PCs but there is very little you can change any more, or is it just me?!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Hasn't it always been this way though, you could select from a limited number of components with really very little variety. Mainly you could add more RAM, some extra HDD space or waste a couple of hundred euro on the next step up processor but that was about it.

If you're looking to get a more customised PC you could always try building your own?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Find a good deal on the pc that suits You and stick to it, buy extra ram elsewhere if You have to, it'll be cheaper. Spec'ing up your own is how they rip You off with exorbitant prices

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭Ideo

FWIW, I actually think this is a good price. I wonder about the processor though. Could you actually build a similar spec machine with quad core and monitor for €800!? And I know its only a dual core in the Dell machine but im just saying, could you get that spec plus quad core for €800?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭norbert64

They still allow many modifications on ''some systems'', but I have definitely noticed a steady decline in spec options for the user.

I guess they believe there packages are decent enuf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭Ideo

Yeah guess so. They do offer a good few variations of each system but you cant seem to customise any of them! Ah well!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement