Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

problems with speed at peak times

• 01-04-2010 8:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭

Having watched this forum for a while with interest, i'm wondering if anyone is actually HAPPY with their broadband package?

I'm supposed to be on 7mb connection with vodafone (used to be BT). In the morning, it is 7mb... well just under it.

Now, it's about 1.5mb but it won't stream a youtube video. My o2 dongle gives the same speed, yet streams videos no problem at that speed & lower...

Surely contention isn't grinding everything to a halt?? it's ridiculous and happens EVERY evening without fail now.

I know the line is fine - i'm getting 7mb in the mornings, so it's obviously something more sinister like throttling or capping by vodafone / eircom at peak times...

Anyone any ideas or more importantly any success getting answers? Can anyone tell me they get what they're paying for 24/7 for months on end from ANY broadband provider???

Advertisement