Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hoodies

• 01-04-2010 8:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭

Has anyone else noticed how many lads in Waterford are walking round with their hoodies up recently?
    what's that about? :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

And socks over their tracksuit bottoms?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Has anyone else noticed how many lads in Waterford are walking round with their hoodies up recently?

Its cold

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

dayshah wrote: »
    Its cold

i reckon so....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

And socks over their tracksuit bottoms?

There was an article in the Sunday Indo about a month ago with about 5 Traveller girls, apparently they find this very sexy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Roanmore wrote: »
    There was an article in the Sunday Indo about a month ago with about 5 Traveller girls, apparently they find this very sexy.

There was a young fella in Superquinn the other day with his jeans tucked into his socks. He couldn't even pull off being a scumbag properly. Needless to say he ended up being thrown out soon after. There's often groups of them hanging around the bridge into Cherrymount there. That walkway is destroyed with rubbish and melted life-saving rings. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Adyx wrote: »
    There was a young fella in Superquinn the other day with his jeans tucked into his socks. He couldn't even pull off being a scumbag properly.

Jeans tucked into socks is more scumbaggy than tracksuit tucked into socks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

I do the same, once those friggin bats get stuck into your hair, they just won't let go.

It was mentioned earlier, but yeah it's cold and 'cool' apparantley, so what let them imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

ever since I lost me licence Im wearing hoodies. I would look strange walking around in a bike jacket with no bike. Nothing wrong with a hoodie ye fookers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Face it.... we are just getting old,:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭Speak Now

seanybiker wrote: »
    ever since I lost me licence Im wearing hoodies. I would look strange walking around in a bike jacket with no bike. Nothing wrong with a hoodie ye fookers

:P where did anyone say there was anything wrong with hoodies ;)
    Unless you go round the house with the hood up :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I wear my tracksuit tucked into my socks............................ I don't want to be old anymore :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

Im a big fan of hoodie tops simply cos i hate the cold, and lets face it, its Always bloody cold in this country.. im in my 30's and still wear them, i have mates bordering into their 40's and they wear them too.. for the same reason.. we live in a cold country.. simple as!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭aws

Dont think people are getting this, the OP is talking bout people wear their hoods up the whole time. I personally think its a bit off putting, makes me very suspicious of people.

aws wrote: »
    Dont think people are getting this, the OP is talking bout people wear their hoods up the whole time. I personally think its a bit off putting, makes me very suspicious of people.

thats what i was talking about.. if your cold of course your gonna wear it up.. what use is it hanging over yer shoulders? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

wait till they get the Limerick look........;)

1064916.jpg

oh good god!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahahahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭kitty_kilkenny

I'm not calling anyone a scumbag, but to be honest I find quite a few hoodie wearers a bit scary. Just being honest is all...
    :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

I wasn't calling hoodie wearers scumbags either. I wear hoodies too (I'm 29) and if it's cold or wet I put up the hood. That's what it's for.

OT I know but tucking your trousers into your socks on the other hand...

Adyx wrote: »

OT I know but tucking your trousers into your socks on the other hand...

i know.. it looks woefull dosent it :( its up there with wearing PJ's into town.. wtf?? hehe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

I'm not calling anyone a scumbag, but to be honest I find quite a few hoodie wearers a bit scary. Just being honest is all...
    :(

wear em all the time meself,handy as fcuk,keeps ya warm when its cold.

plenty of other items that are supposed to pass as clothes on the otherhand :rolleyes:

why would ya find wearers of hoodies scary?just because ya cant see their face?maybe yer lucky in some cases ya cant:pac:

• Advertisement

Heathen wrote: »
    i know.. it looks woefull dosent it :( its up there with wearing PJ's into town.. wtf?? hehe

lads were wearin em tucked into their socks up in dub when i was a teenager,looks like it just caught on here now.muppets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭aws

I wear them my self but only hood up when its freezing or wet, but automatically take it down when i enter a shop. I always see lads in city square with their hoods up, just looks menacing to me.

On a side note what kind of parent would let their children go out with their track suit tucked in to their white socks with black shiny shoes, it beggars belief.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭DanGlee

Erm... whats everybody talking about socks tucked into trousers for... did you not see them sporting the classic 'cane' pimpin look? LOL :rolleyes:

DanGlee wrote: »
    Erm... whats everybody talking about socks tucked into trousers for... did you not see them sporting the classic 'cane' pimpin look? LOL :rolleyes:

that hasnt come here yet(i think,havent noticed it meself anyway)that pic is from limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭deise48

tis all about the fashion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭C_Dawg

I only pop the hood up if it's raining or snowing like it was the other day.

As for tucking tracksuits into my socks I've only done that once and that was when my bedroom had mice in it and I was afraid they'd crawl up my leg while asleep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Seriously though, what the point in having a hoodie if you don't wear the hood from time to time.

It's a bit like owning a Land Rover and never going off-road.

Regarding socks and tracksuits, would it not ruin the elastic on the sock?

Advertisement