Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fighting Games - Online Irish Player List

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Hey, the ken with the green Gi right? How's it going?

Yeah thats me alright, pretty damn good atm. Although I've not been playing much fighting games for the past 2 months , I figure its good to take a break every now and then when its all you play for 2 years hehe :p
    it looks like the IE street fighter community is stronger than it's been in years with the release of SSFIV and a place to call home online, so no better time than now, right? :D

From what I understand , we've been pretty much the biggest competitive gaming scene in the entire country since before Super came out. For over a year now at this stage. :cool:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Sisko wrote: »
    From what I understand , we've been pretty much the biggest competitive gaming scene in the entire country since before Super came out. For over a year now at this stage. :cool:

Funny you should mention that.

I was talking to a guy a few days ago who got an email from someone who claimed to represent the biggest group of organised gamers in Ireland.

This person then asked me, as one of the biggest organised group of gamers in Ireland, if 'd ever heard of him :D

I don't know if we are or not btw, when you go to a lanparty there's still waaay more halo/ CoD/ whatever people there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,006 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

We're probably not the biggest, but I'd wager we're by far the most active.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

We're probably not the biggest, but I'd wager we're by far the most active.

I was away without internet for a single week, and I had to go back to half way down page 2 to catch up on everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Funny you should mention that.

I was talking to a guy a few days ago who got an email from someone who claimed to represent the biggest group of organised gamers in Ireland.

This person then asked me, as one of the biggest organised group of gamers in Ireland, if 'd ever heard of him :D

I don't know if we are or not btw, when you go to a lanparty there's still waaay more halo/ CoD/ whatever people there.

Life's a lot simpler for that lot though.
    Every town has lan centres, we don't have arcades. Places like the xgc are rare here.

Everything is off our own backs and we haven't existed as a group for all that long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

Can you add my name to the xbox player list for SSF4 gamertag is "RagingHorseBox" feel free to add me for some fights

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Sup , yeah i just found streetfighter.ie so i thought id add my Gamertag to the list id usually be on ssf4 most days of the week when I'm not busy doind other things like playing Halo.

Gamertag -- "Silver Steeez" , boards.ie is the same thing.

And its xbl

Got into a lobby with you and you just sat there?! I waited a good few mins :o

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Add me to Blazblue, I have it on the PC but it's cross platform playable with the 360 :D

gamertag: pykcherryghost

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Add me to Blazblue, I have it on the PC but it's cross platform playable with the 360 :D

Really?! I didn't know that, that's amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Wow, that's interesting.

Too bad BBCS will be released soon -- and the player base is big on PS3.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Cherryghost where did you get Blaz Blue on PC?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

So I now have one of those XBL yokes - my gamertag is EternalHotaru

I've started playing SSF4 but I'm really shít :D Still - willing to practice and learn!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Hotaru wrote: »
    So I now have one of those XBL yokes - my gamertag is EternalHotaru

I've started playing SSF4 but I'm really shít :D Still - willing to practice and learn!

If you actually enter an Inferno, I think I'll quit everything because realistically, as the promotion/organiser type person, I don't think we could grow more than getting a girl involved.

Orim wrote: »
    If you actually enter an Inferno, I think I'll quit everything because realistically, as the promotion/organiser type person, I don't think we could grow more than getting a girl involved.

I'm totally entering in that case :p

:eek::(

Orim wrote: »
    :eek::(

Hey now, you're the one who suggested resigning! :p

I was totally gonna enter anyway. I like how a female (who is now ME) entering is considered the high point of the FG community growth though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Hotaru wrote: »
    growth

hurr hurr :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

stay classy dreddy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Qoi9J.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 11,006 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Add ChopperByrneT1 for the next month folks and then I'll move on to Free Trial #2.

ChopperByrne will be my normal GT when I start using a proper account, so all add that too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Duckfoot

Hey thought I'd throw my gamer tag on the SSF4 lists for Xbox live. Gamertag is Tilgore, Boards tag is Duckfoot. See you on there!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

XBox Live tag- Kurtz1981. Boards.ie name... well, I think that's fairly self-explanitory.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭the 1st hardter

XBL = the 1st hardter

If I'm ever on SSF4 or BB i'll be up for games

Hey guys if you're ever looking for games you can always jump into our IRC. There's generally people hanging around and playing.

http://streetfighter.ie/?page_id=116

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭the 1st hardter

will defo check that out man

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭prenelf

i don't suppose i could be added to that list. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Played you a few times before Prenelf
    You play a solid Ryu if I recall

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

prenelf wrote: »

Well well well, Ireland's best kept secret Ryu shows up :)

Welcome!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

guy never misses an FADC, never lets an srk hit without an ultra.
    I was hopin for a scrub when i met him in ranked lol

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

prenelf wrote: »

Lol I was wondering wtf you weren't active here. Welcome, we played many ranked games over the last few evenings (I'm Garak001, learning DeeJay).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement