Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fighting Games - Online Irish Player List

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Koone_20

it's still my old psn on the list lol

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Robbknoll

hey guys if you wana update me to the SSF4 list....please do. Same name as my boards one/Vanilla SF4 tag.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭mrmrbungle

Stick me on the list too plz i wanna play moar peoples

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭SirAuronDX

xbox live gamertag
    sir auronDX

willing for games of any kind

• Registered Users Posts: 34 roy nelson

me and sniper chris are looking to fight some people right now on 2v2 battles xbox live. monday 12th july, lets get it on no dogs no blacks no irish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

roy nelson wrote: »
    lets get it on no dogs no blacks no irish

messing or not, thats not a very welcoming thing to put on the fighting game forums player introduction thread

• Registered Users Posts: 34 roy nelson

As this is an irish forum i thought most humans would be familiar with this slogan used by the english.

Feel free to take it down, but in my opinion if someone cant see the lighter side to this they should probably be put down, survival of the fittest and all that.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

roy nelson wrote: »
    As this is an irish forum i thought most humans would be familiar with this slogan used by the english.

Feel free to take it down, but in my opinion if someone cant see the lighter side to this they should probably be put down, survival of the fittest and all that.

Charming.

Perhaps you should take a read of the forum charter just fyi.

Anywho guys threads updated, sorry for the delay but azza usually looks after this thread so it never occured to me.

If you want me to do something pm me, it's useless saying it on thread as I may skip over it/ not read it at all.

Once again if you want me to look at something

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

'No dogs, no.....' etc. is the title of John Lydon's autobiography, in reference to the signs above many pubs in England during the 40's/50's/60's.

It's now been adapted as a bit of an anti-establishment slogan. I'm sure Roy Nelson(whom I don't know) meant no offence by that....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,006 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I know that in the BCM nightclub in Majorca, there's a sign just inside the main door that says "No cats, no dogs, no Irish!"

Didn't stop our seventeen year old selves from going in and pulling English slappers!

• Advertisement

I'm not saying that he meant offense or anything or that he's racist, i'm just saying that this is in some sense the "go-to" thread for newcomers to the scene (or to anyone looking at our scene from outside) and having crap like that on it doesn't reflect well on us, regardless of whether or not its just a phrase.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

S'pos I should get myself on the Super list, hell I didn't really play SF4 at all 'til Super came out.

Added a bunch more folks I've seen around but not already added.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

I don't even get what he meant by it :confused:

Anyway its an anti irish slogan , so I don; think it'd really be offensive unless this was a English fighting game community and someone said that implying they didnt wanna play irish people or black people or ... dogs in an online game of super sf4 ..... :p

Anyway the whole post is in the wrong thread as is :

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=66723557

There yea go man.

Also if your looking for games sometimes IRC is a great way to get things going.

http://streetfighter.ie/?page_id=116

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭CrossBreed

Had my first day of casuals today, thought I might as well sign myself on the SSFIV list.

Boards Name: CrossBreed
    XBL Gamertag: Morpheumax

Always up for a few games. :)

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

CrossBreed wrote: »
    Had my first day of casuals today, thought I might as well sign myself on the SSFIV list.

Boards Name: CrossBreed
    XBL Gamertag: Morpheumax

Always up for a few games. :)

Hey, you're cloudrunner's friend right? Welcome to the forum, you have a nice ibuki! I'm the Makoto/Honda/everyone player from the other night :)

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭CrossBreed

Thanks, mate. :) Though not nice enough yet to compete with you lot. Yesterday was a great learning experience though, and I made to great progress in the end.

Good fun, and hope to make a habit of attending.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

GGs yesterday CrossBreed (I was playing Seth/Bison/Gief), you definitely have the potential to get very good. hope to see you at more casuals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 TheHatchetMan

PSN - TheHatchetMan

Relatively new to the street fighter scene although I hope to attend some of your LANs in the future, would appreciate a few adds :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

I don't have an x-box myself but three of my brothers do and most of my friends do, and I have my own copy of vanilla street fighter. Anyway I play on the following accounts:

SILVER_STEEZ (me and steez were alternating on this last night, we had about a 15 game win streak and then a 15 game loss streak :P)
    SilvereviliS_50
    Notorious CTan (only vanilla)
    My own account is: Billedplatypus, and I might get a nice membership when I have some spare money
    I also play a small bit on Smiley55555, but that's not how it's spelled, I don't know how many 5's there are.

With the top two accounts my friend plays as bison, and I thikn he'll be on streetfighter.ie soon as well. When it's either gouken, ryu, akuma or adon it's probably me. Definitely if it's gouken.

If i was registered as one name only I guess silverevilis would be the most accurate.

raah! wrote: »
    SilvereviliS_50

I recognise that name from recently (no idea what character was being used though :rolleyes:)

I would have been playing rufus probably. Welcome to the boards, add some names from the list if you like and don't be shy!

• Advertisement

Ah I was in the throes of a terrible start up losing spree when I bumped into you :P

I was very impressed with your play though, I think you may have been dhalsim. Thanks for the welcome!

raah! wrote: »
    I was very impressed with your play though, I think you may have been dhalsim. Thanks for the welcome!

Nah, dhalsim wouldn't have been me. I would only be rufus, hawk, gouken, sagat, adon or boxer maybe

Ah right, well you were someone, and I was impressed :D.

In other news; I took a friends vanilla street fighter to my parents house to get some one to one time with gouken. It took me an hour to set the stupid xbox up, had to go to 2 tvs, and then just as I was loading up a live battle, my mother trips on an xbox lead the box makes the chhhhhhh sound and street fighter was horribly disfigured. Bad weekend that.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Blinn

Yeehaw let's play some games:

GGPO: blinnsrj
    Xbox 360 SSF4: KingBlinn

do it up

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Back online.
    PSN: kikimaru024
    Games:
    BlazBlue Calamity Trigger
    Super SFIV
    BlazBlue Continuum Shift (soon)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 xXbacchusXx

SF-bacchus-SF and i'm only gettin started so in easy!

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Ebing lazy I haven't updated the list in a while. I'll do so later tonight.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Azza wrote: »
    Ebing lazy I haven't updated the list in a while. I'll do so later tonight.

I kept it updated while you were in Vegas, don't think there should be too many to do.

Course I could have gotten off my arse and done the rest but, you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

wb kiki

havnt played in about 2 weeks but when I fire up the ps3 again I'll be sure to get some games in with yea

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Aurongroove

anyone online in tekken 6? Im currently having a few fights (jfgtp)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement