Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why is this forum so dead?

Options
  • 01-04-2010 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Or are pagans on the boards just not very talkative?

Well, I know I'm guilty of lurking... so thought I'd stop by [now that I've stumbled upon this arena] and say hi.

- Libby.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

It has it's ebbs and flows.
    I guess a lot of pagans are still in the closet and prefer to have thier discussion on email lists or forums dedicated to just pagan discussion and use boards for other more general discussions.

As quiet as it can be thread usually will get a reponse.
    so hello there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Westenra

I can understand that, having had a succession of god-fearing landladys it's something I've learned not to advertise either. I think my current landlady assumes I'm a lapsed Catholic..

Don't ask, don't tell can apply to many areas of life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

So how does the average Pagan feel about Good Friday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

There's such a thing as an average pagan?

Personally how the most important date in the christian year is calculated always amuses me. Easter sunday being the first easter after the first full moon after the spring equinox.

I do think that the licencing laws to need to be sorted out and those who wish to go to the pub or buy a bottle of wine should be able to.
    Other then that it's just another friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

Thaedydal wrote: »
    There's such a thing as an average pagan?

Personally how the most important date in the christian year is calculated always amuses me. Easter sunday being the first easter after the first full moon after the spring equinox.

I do think that the licencing laws to need to be sorted out and those who wish to go to the pub or buy a bottle of wine should be able to.
    Other then that it's just another friday.

Or an average christian etc? part of me thinks the drink ban should be scrapped but then another part of me thinks it would be another Irish tradition gone and we're fast losing our Irishness anyway without helping it along but what do I know:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 Westenra

I think it's daft they lifted the ban in Limerick today for those wanting to watch the match, but not in the rest of the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭joseph dawton

I can only speak for myself, but I suspect others might feel the same. I like to celebrate my religion/path mostly outside, I just don't really like the whole cyber world thing. I feel it detatches me from the real world and is not grounded in any way, in fact the internet life is almost the antithesis of the type of life I live. Hence my visits here and elsewhere online are sporadic and usually very brief!

Advertisement