Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

H-1B visa question

Options
  • 01-04-2010 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I'm not sure if anyone here would have knowledge of this but the H-1B visa petition has officially opened. My employer over here has told me to at least send in the form and we'll see how things go later in the year. It costs nothing and nothing has to be decided yet. I've been looking all over usembassy.gov and uscis.gov but I can't seem to locate which form it is or what the actual procedure is. Does anyone here have any experience with this? There are so many forms for different things, I can't risk getting the wrong one. I thought it was the I-9 however it says to keep this with the employer?
    Maybe I'm understanding it wrong.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

Actually, its not free but I'm not sure if I can apply for the non-immigrant one or skip onto the immigrant one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭lonestargirl

It's the employer who has to send in the form not the employee. This is the info page I found on USCIS.gov, it says that I-129 (Petition for Nonimmigrant worker) is the relevant form. It might be worth posting your question over on British Expats, there are a lot of people there who have gone through the H1B process.

Good luck

Advertisement