Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl plants/shrubs

Options
  • 01-04-2010 8:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭

Any thoughts on the merits of the above? I have bought in the past with mixed results ( Lidl storage is hit and miss ). Brassicas available at the moment, looked OK. Also Herbs, Strawberry, Onion sets and various Fruit bushes. I got some Rhubarb plants as a experiment (shows my age!).

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

i have to say i would swear by lidl plants. i have yet to have one die on me (touch wood).

i find a lot of other plants i have bought from supermarkets/DIY stores are dead within the first month

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭aerosol

If you don't want to grow from seed then have a punt for the price,best to get them the day they arrive.
    Personally I wouldn't be going for the seedlings but the soft fruit I would have a go of.:)
    Forgot to say,I got a couple of rhurbarb crowns from Aldi a couple of weeks ago and there doing great

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭mountainy man

got some bare root hedging last year has done fine also a damson tree and crab apple were grand , would say a bit hit and miss though saw rose bushes in my local store this week that had sprouted too soon and dying through lack of water also last year were selling rhubarb plants with pictures of ruby chard on the packaging , wouldn't instill confidence , buyer beware.

Advertisement