Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solar Tubes and Air Source Heat Pump cost

Options
  • 01-04-2010 9:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭

Hey all does anyone know where I might go to get a price for solar tubes and air source heat pumps for a house

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭ccsolar

Hi Mickey
    What part of the country are you in?

CC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Mickeyie05

Mullingar and Dublin. Im just looking for prices to help me with my dissertation

will PM you, with info

CC

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭vinniem

Hi,
    Need some advice, strongly thinking of getting in solar tube for hot water. Got a few quotes, but need to know from ye're experiances whats correct. Details below

House with 4 person two kids and two adults.

System proposed: Joule 40 X evacuated tubes on direct south facing roof
    Joule 300 litre s/steel cyclinder, 18l expansion vessel.

What would be an average/fair price for parts/intall for this sytem and is is correct sizing for number of people i.e too much/ too little?

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭heinbloed

Good that someone is trying to look behind the smoke curtain of " green pricing".
    Thumbs up, Mickeyie05!
    To make your dissertation worth reading include the trade prices.
    Google for " alibaba ", a trader platform and have a search there. These prices make Irish installers and retailers cry.

• Advertisement

heinbloed wrote: »
    Good that someone is trying to look behind the smoke curtain of " green pricing".
    Thumbs up, Mickeyie05!
    To make your dissertation worth reading include the trade prices.
    Google for " alibaba ", a trader platform and have a search there. These prices make Irish installers and retailers cry.

Mickey
    Don't forget to add on the shipping cost, import duty, VAT , Insurance, transport to business premises,.
    The prices on Alibaba are over the counter prices and some of the manufacturers who advertise on this site have no EN/solar keymark Cert.

CC

vinniem wrote: »
    Hi,
    Need some advice, strongly thinking of getting in solar tube for hot water. Got a few quotes, but need to know from ye're experiances whats correct. Details below

House with 4 person two kids and two adults.

System proposed: Joule 40 X evacuated tubes on direct south facing roof
    Joule 300 litre s/steel cyclinder, 18l expansion vessel.

What would be an average/fair price for parts/intall for this sytem and is is correct sizing for number of people i.e too much/ too little?

Thanks in advance

Hi Vinniem
    The rule of thumb is 50 ltr per person + 50 ltr.
    You could get away with a 30 tube, 250 ltr tank but considering that the life span of this system is around 25 yrs it is better to size it on the big side as you never know what the future brings.
    The system in my openion is the correct size as, you should have plenty of hot water.

CC

Advertisement