Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

XBOX Live on NTL Broadband Question

• 01-04-2010 10:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭

Hi all

having some issues and its driving me insane, I have my xbox directly connected to the NTL Modem (scientific atlanta) and have no issues playing on line or hosting games... Until Midnight EVERY Night, Between 12 and 12.30 i will get randomly disconnected from xbox live and then wont be able to sign back in, when i try the connection test it tells me it can contact the internet but cant connect to xbox live, NTL have been out 3 times now replacing the modem and are insisting its not a problem on their network, I did hear from a person in NTL that each night at around 12 a frequency test happens but that "shouldnt" knock me off, anyone else had similar issues?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭dunworth1

i have upc broadband and have no problems with xbox live maybe its a local issue tough

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭purplestar1986

I've noticed if i play online for a while then turn the xbox off I have to reboot the pc to be able to play online again, if that's any help to ye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

its getting stupid now , both me and my friend who lives on the same road keep getting disconnected. luckily i also got a ps3 but its still a pisser. considering dare i say it moving to eircom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 956 ✭✭✭steve_

I had the same issues last week but just changed the ip address of my xbox from a dynamic ip to a static one and now everythings fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

Have you lads used openDns ? I had issues the first couple of days with ntl ,used openDns and everything has been fine.

Check out the broadband forum ,theres threads there about connection issues.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

same time every night? could be dhcp lease expiring and renewing maybe? But that would only cut you off once a a few seconds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭mcshape

steve_ wrote: »
    I had the same issues last week but just changed the ip address of my xbox from a dynamic ip to a static one and now everythings fine.

That would work but im connected directly to the Cable modem and it doesnt have a dhcp server, my xbox gets a real world ip address from UPC

calex71 wrote: »
    same time every night? could be dhcp lease expiring and renewing maybe? But that would only cut you off once a a few seconds.

I checked this with NTL, The address lease expires every 7 days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

This is happening with me too, but the problem is so weird that i dont know what to ask upc

miralize wrote: »
    This is happening with me too, but the problem is so weird that i dont know what to ask upc

Is it at the same time every night?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Around it yeh, 12:30ish

• Advertisement

miralize wrote: »
    Around it yeh, 12:30ish

Thank god its not just me

what the hell do we say to UPC Though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭dekbhoy

i have this problem also , but mostly happens randomly at any time of day esp. when im not browsing , when i search for networks UPC comes up top of list with an excellent signal ,yet the i dont seem to be able to connect to it, my only cure is to restart computer....... very annoying:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,812 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,812 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Was running fine for me the past week until now, can't sign back in to xbox live

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 sirtammel

Same here.. Every nite at 23.30 though :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

I'm also connected to NTL wirelessly - towards the end of march the whole wireless went down for a week, engineer came and installed a netgear router. Since we got the new router all the Xbox games are lagging (online) and it's near to impossible for my son to be on the Xbox and me to be on the laptop at the same time. NTL's response so far has been that he's using a popular game!!!! Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Cheers.

I cant connect to XBL tonight but internet is grand. Have ntl and live in Kilbarrack, anyone got similar problems?:confused:

Advertisement