Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick tunnel toll rip-off

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

If you go to the toll and you put a 20 euro note in and it gives you to little change what can you do?
    I pressed the help button they took my name and number and said they would get back to me but they haven't.

Edit ooops i didn't realise this thread was 8 yrs old sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

If you go to the toll and you put a 20 euro note in and it gives you to little change what can you do?
    I pressed the help button they took my name and number and said they would get back to me but they haven't.

Edit ooops i didn't realise this thread was 8 yrs old sorry
    Can you call them?

Mc Love wrote: »
    Can you call them?

I don't know.im gonna Google it when i get home.i presume its not the first time its happened.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,071 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Don't those automatic booths tell you that no change is given? If you didn't have the change you should have gone to the manned booth.

Anyways these are their contact details.
    lim.info@The-Intolligent.ie
    061 - 582800

Don't those automatic booths tell you that no change is given? If you didn't have the change you should have gone to the manned booth.

Anyways these are their contact details.
    lim.info@The-Intolligent.ie
    061 - 582800

Maybe you haven't been through the limerick tunnel one.but its not manned and it does give change.

I made contact anyway and they have given me a free drive through when i go through today.my name is up on a board apparently.

• Advertisement

Maybe you haven't been through the limerick tunnel one.but its not manned and it does give change.

I go through the tunnel every day. There's always one manned booth opened. The two booths one the left are manned, the next two are coin only and the one on the right is the tag lane.

I go through the tunnel every day. There's always one manned booth opened. The two booths one the left are manned, the next two are coin only and the one on the right is the tag lane.

The one behind ivans at the round about ?that's never manned afaik.if you need help there's an intercom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭nim1bdeh38l2cw

There are no manned booths at the Clonmacken toll.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭godfrey

The express lane is still catching people who have valid tags. You have to almost stop completely and wait for it to accept your tag, by which time, many drivers will have pulled off as instructed by the red arrow, only to discover their tag worked and now they're lining up for the booth. Asshats.

g

godfrey wrote: »
    The express lane is still catching people who have valid tags. You have to almost stop completely and wait for it to accept your tag, by which time, many drivers will have pulled off as instructed by the red arrow, only to discover their tag worked and now they're lining up for the booth. Asshats.

g

It will pick up your tag at 50kmph. I never go any slower than that. The issue is drivers don't leave enough distance between each other and try to tailgate through the lane. If people left enough space between themselves and the car in front of them there would be no issue. Driver behaviour is the issue here not the system. And you don't get double charged if you end up being forced through the booth, so it's only a minor inconvenience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭godfrey

I disagree. I have had issues with it with no other cars ahead or behind me.

g

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

You do not have to stop or get anywhere close to it. Limit is 50kmh but it will work up to 60kmh. Yes the red to green reacts too slowly compared to other plazas but you only get charged once even if you get, as it's called, dumped from the lane.

Basically there are sensors after the tag sensor that only react when your car passed them so often I see drivers thinking its still processing their tag and they're crawling forward but they simply haven't reached the sensor.

The tags will only post a charge once in a 3 minute window as it assumes you couldn't gave gone through twice so fast.

I've often used the standard lanes instead of the fast pass because people go through so slow they are causing a queue. Faster to go into the other lanes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Berty wrote: »
    You do not have to stop or get anywhere close to it. Limit is 50kmh but it will work up to 60kmh. Yes the red to green reacts too slowly compared to other plazas but you only get charged once even if you get, as it's called, dumped from the lane.

Basically there are sensors after the tag sensor that only react when your car passed them so often I see drivers thinking its still processing their tag and they're crawling forward but they simply haven't reached the sensor.

The tags will only post a charge once in a 3 minute window as it assumes you couldn't gave gone through twice so fast.

I've often used the standard lanes instead of the fast pass because people go through so slow they are causing a queue. Faster to go into the other lanes.

Yes u are right it will only charge u once & u have be going slow enough @ that main height sign 60ish will work or else it will throw u. & if it does straight up to coin barrier & it beeps & away u go. Lot of talgating somstimes,people going too slow( nearly stopping ) & other extreme then of going too fast going 70/80& expecting it to open tag has to get a chance to read & react. The sensors have been faulty before but they fixed them so they are better now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭davo2001

The price is still a rip-off though!

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Dracula!

It's not an issue on the Midland's toll on the M7 you can go through that at a higher speed and it opens well before you drive through. Don't know why they are not the same it's stupid and annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Dracula!

It's not an issue on the Midland's toll on the M7 you can go through that at a higher speed and it opens well before you drive through. Don't know why they are not the same it's stupid and annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

davo2001 wrote: »
    The price is still a rip-off though!
    If you think Limerick Tunnell is a rip off, try the M4 toll at Enfield.......€2.90 just for a car! :eek:

grenache wrote: »
    If you think Limerick Tunnell is a rip off, try the M4 toll at Enfield.......€2.90 just for a car! :eek:
    holy **** i be broke then :eek::eek::eek:

when did they increase the price for M50

http://www.etoll.ie/driving-on-toll-roads/toll-rates/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭nim1bdeh38l2cw

holy **** i be broke then :eek::eek::eek:

when did they increase the price for M50

http://www.etoll.ie/driving-on-toll-roads/toll-rates/

A few years ago when they were told they had to charge VAT

A few years ago when they were told they had to charge VAT

O right i remember my tag being cheaper than limerick tunnel aaww well it is dearer now than it

• Advertisement
Advertisement