Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nipple piercing affecting breast feeding?

• 01-04-2010 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭

I'm seriously considering get my nipple pierced. I have read that it should not affect breast feeding as long as I take the metal out but I would like to hear any experiences people have had, good or bad.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

If pierced properly should not effect breast feeding, however strongly advisable if you do have a nipper on the way and chose to breast feed to remove the piercing as you don't want the lil bundle of joy feasting on a metal bar

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭tufterween

Thanks a million :) Sounds good... and I'll definitely remember to take it out before breast feeding :D

awesome sauce

Will wrote: »
    awesome sauce

Sorry what? :)

as in "all is awesome"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭pippington

the only way nipple piercing can affect breastfeeding is if u have been pierced multiple times then the scar tissue will affect it

in fact in olden days nipple piercing was not only considered erotic but also thought to aid breast feeding as it enlarges the nipples thus making it easier for the infant and the hole itself can make the milk easier to get for the infant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

pippington wrote: »

in fact in olden days nipple piercing was not only considered erotic but also thought to aid breast feeding as it enlarges the nipples thus making it easier for the infant and the hole itself can make the milk easier to get for the infant
    Did people used to do it specifically for that reason?

pippington wrote: »
    the only way nipple piercing can affect breastfeeding is if u have been pierced multiple times then the scar tissue will affect it

Talk about it enlarging nipples! I got it done a few days ago and my nipple wont go down... at all! :D

Advertisement