Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Waxy hair

• 01-04-2010 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭

Hi guys,

This may not be the right place for this thread but I'm not sure where else to put it. Over the last few days my hair has been waxy.
    That may sound strange but it's not greasy, it actually feels like there's wax in it. Even when I wash it, after it's dried it's waxy still.

Anyway, I was wondering does anyone else have any experience with this problem and how did you deal with it?

Thanks guys

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

My hair is quite waxy recently
    I find if I don't put hair wax in it after I wash, that it is less waxy.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭tufterween

Is that a joke?

I don't put any products in my hair except shampoo and conditioner and I wash them out thoroughly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

Conditioners contain silicone that builds up in the hair over time and leaves the sort of greasy/waxy residue you describe.

Pantene do a very good 'clarifying' shampoo that removes the residue. You should probably wash your hair out two or three times to get rid of a big build up like yours, and use it every couple of weeks to prevent it happening again.

It looks like this:

http://www.more.com/images/photo/image/01/49/83/photo/14983/original/pantene-shamp.jpg

Im not sure, it came on very quickly and has never been a problem before.

It is in the exact same place every time, on the top of my head and fringe and it's like someone has wiped vaseline or hair wax in my hair

tufterween wrote: »
    Im not sure, it came on very quickly and has never been a problem before.

It is in the exact same place every time, on the top of my head and fringe and it's like someone has wiped vaseline or hair wax in my hair

Is it possible something came in contact with your hair?

You could try massaging baby powder into the waxy parts before you wash your hair. It should absorb whatever it is, if its something that managed to get into your hair.

This worked for a friend who's toddler got at the wax and greased himself up like a chippendale going for the wet look.

Its odd its in just one area though.:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭MissHoneyBun

Is that a joke?.

No. He is deadly serious. As should you be. Now concentrate...
    I don't put any products in my hair except shampoo and conditioner and I wash them out thoroughly.

....the deal is right, you go to a supermarket and head for the shampoo and conditioner aisle. Now, you need to listen carefully to the next bit. You look carefully on the shelf for a shampoo that says clarifying. It needs to be clarifying! Then, after you've paid for your goods, (always pay for the goods first) you go home and use it. Now, it's essential you follow this advice carefully to see results ok, so NO fancy schmancy conditioner, just the clarifying shampoo! Rinse. Repeat. Rinse again.

You can thank me later :cool:

Yeah I know, i though at first that I was just not rinsing the conditioner or shampoo out of my hair properly but it just gets waxier and waxier. I got T/Gel shampoo for greasy hair and used it but it made no difference.
    It looks terrible.

pwd wrote: »
    I'd say it's an open sebaceous cyst oozing in your head.
    These are permanent and can lead to baldness in either sex.

What is your problem??

Thanks for all your help Giselle, I'll try it out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭m-a-i-

I usually have that problem when I don't wash shampoo/conditioner out of my hair or because the water might be too hard which is usually the case

m-a-i- wrote: »
    I usually have that problem when I don't wash shampoo/conditioner out of my hair or because the water might be too hard which is usually the case

I definitely rinse the shampoo and conditioner out properly and the hard water has never been a problem before, but you never know.

Thanks for the suggestions. It's the reason I made the thread.

• Advertisement

Good luck OP, bet the clarifying shampoo does the trick.:)

Thanks for all your help Giselle, I'll try it out :)

Good woman Giselle! Fair play to ya! Whoop whoop! \0/

Giselle wrote: »

Good luck OP, bet the clarifying shampoo does the trick.:)

Hold on a wee tick, did I not mention clarifying shampoo too?
    How come the OP hasn't taken my advice? :confused:

Because Giselle said it first

and she's not patronising

Because Giselle said it first

and she's not patronising

I'm not posting where my posts are not wanted :(

Good luck with your waxyness OP

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Some posts deleted.

PWD and Sheeps, please do not post here if you are not willing to take the forum seriously. This is not AH.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭cacamilis

I had the exact same prob about two years ago, was annoying me so much i went to the doctor!! She simply said i needed to change my shampoo! over use of the one shampoo can do this, id have a dry scalp so always used head and shoulders, but she told me to use nizorol for 4 washes and timotie (the green kiwi one) in between washes! and it worked! I regularly change between shampoo now and have never had the prob since!
    Hope this helps!

cacamilis wrote: »
    I had the exact same prob about two years ago, was annoying me so much i went to the doctor!! She simply said i needed to change my shampoo! over use of the one shampoo can do this, id have a dry scalp so always used head and shoulders, but she told me to use nizorol for 4 washes and timotie (the green kiwi one) in between washes! and it worked! I regularly change between shampoo now and have never had the prob since!
    Hope this helps!

Thanks a million!

Advertisement