Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Positive Changes!

Options
  • 01-04-2010 11:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

Wow, eliminating meat has definitely resulted in positive changes in my life.

I never liked eating meat to begin with, but it was only last year that I decided to stop forcing myself to eat it. Finishing college and moving out resulted in more time to cook for myself and think about what I put in my body.

I feel so calm and happy, and my body just feels alive and clean.

How has becoming a vegetarian impacted you?:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭StevoTG

It helped me lose 20 kilos and I have heaps more energy than I used to. I also used to have stomach issues (IBS runs in the family as well as more severe stomach problems), now I only have problems when I eat too much wheat. Very much worth mentioning that I used to suffer sinus headaches and migraines, but haven't had either problem since going vegan :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

My skin cleared up a lot. I used always have at least one spot on my face. Since I gave up meat, i rarely get spots:)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

karen86 wrote: »
    Wow, eliminating meat has definitely resulted in positive changes in my life.

I never liked eating meat to begin with, but it was only last year that I decided to stop forcing myself to eat it. Finishing college and moving out resulted in more time to cook for myself and think about what I put in my body.

I feel so calm and happy, and my body just feels alive and clean.

How has becoming a vegetarian impacted you?:)

Much like you it makes me very happy. I was so happy that day, I don't know if I can describe the feeling. When I moved out was also when I started.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Nature Boy

When I first became veggie, I lost weight but then I realised that it's possbile to be an unhealthy veggie so I went down that route and put the weight back on! But in general I do feel better, less bloated and generally more energy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭taram

I feel it's made me quite inventive with my cooking, and the important skill of how to work around a busy, cranky mother who's trying to make sunday dinner for 10 people and I'm there trying to steam some asparagus :)

I've never been unhappy with my choice, and feel very positive when I choose delicious healthy meals without any animal having to die for it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31 ZiX ZiX ZiX

I've also become much more creative with cooking, tonight I made a delicious thai vegetable tofu curry with green beans, babycorn, scallions, onions, peppers, chillis, carrots and basmati rice. It was nicer and more filling than any meat dish I ever had before becoming vegetarian.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭lalee17

Censorsh!t wrote: »
    My skin cleared up a lot. I used always have at least one spot on my face. Since I gave up meat, i rarely get spots:)

+1. I'm 18 and gave up red meat when I was about 13, but stayed with salmon/mackerel until last summer and rarely have spots nowadays :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Officially becoming veggie nigh on like 3 years or something now is one of the best decisions I've ever made with regards to my health and appearance:)

Used to have quite greasy hair and skin and would always get blocked pores and have some spots now and again, these days its rare that I would get one thanks to veggie food, lots of water and fruit to keep my skin hydrated and lots of anti-oxidants blocking free radical damage.

It has also brought my metabolism back to when I was around 18-19 because I now eat 5-6 small and varied meals a day:)

It has been along time. So I can't remember changes.
    I do feel blessed that I had a reason, to learn how to cook wholesome food for myself at a young age.

I wonder sometimes if my scatterbrainedness, is a result of some kind of deficiency though.

Advertisement