Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

marketing salary

• 01-04-2010 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

im halfway through my marketing degree, and i was just wondering what would the basic salary i would be starting on when/if i get my first job

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭glanman

Well if you are lucky enough to get onto a grad programme like diageo, jameson, kerry group etc... you would be looking at between 24-26k.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭starfish12

in my experience a for a 'just out of college' role you'd be looking at 20-21k.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭XDivaX

starfish12 wrote: »
    in my experience a for a 'just out of college' role you'd be looking at 20-21k.

Yeah I'm in similar situation, am halfway my marketing degree also but have decided to go part time for various reasons including get more experience at same time.
    I'm looking to do another course with this so that I'll get more qualifications.
    And I'm hoping I can do two completely different careers by when I'm finished ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭TheGooseLicker

How did the search go?! I think getting a job in the first place would be great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 169 ✭✭nuttlys

20-25k would be a base for most companies hiring in a level 8 (Honours Bachelors degree) marketing grad.

adding qualifications (ie a masters) for marketing in my experience will not help your initial pay, but will more than likely push you up the ranks/salary scale quicker.

Business grads who get into someone like Microsoft or Accenture start on 33,000 - but they are hard interviews and the jobs demand a lot.

For somewhat impartial advice checkout the Brightwater Salary Survey on the Marketing Institutes website http://www.mii.ie/en/art/?196

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 mberr

I think getting any sort of wage at all is a bonus but you should try build up as much experience as possible now (voluntary) part time even when your finishing up to increase your chances of getting a well paid job . But to start I would expect 18-20 K a yr .

Advertisement