Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford/ Tramore for a stag?

• 01-04-2010 11:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Hi

Im in the middle of looking at places and was thinking of there for the weekend of the June Bank hol weekend.

Is it busy/rough that weekend? would tramore be a big enough place to take a crowd of rowdy galway men? I presume Waterford has a lively set of pubs but could the same be said for tramore?

Please excuse my ignorance but its a part of the world i know nothing about.

Cheers in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Ya there's plenty pubs in Tramore and with a gang of lads it won't cost much for a taxi to Waterford anyway, 10 mins at most. Tramore would be great during the day and Waterford at night time. A lot of stags in Waterford recently. Tramore would be fine to stay for the night also, just Waterford might be a better option for more choice of pubs etc.

I'd give ya one bit of advice and don't take offence, If your boards.ie name is the same as your real name then don't book it in under that name. Ward from Galway with a gang of lads headin down for a weekend to an area with traveller feuds kicking off all the time, let's just say theres a lot of hotels and B&B's might get lousy about it and not trust ye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

If you're ever thinking about running for a job with bord failte or running for city council i'd give it a miss deisedevil. Jesus.

Stevie, i've lived in Waterford for the last five years, my first visit was a weekend on the p1ss and absolutely loved it, would highly recommend it to anyone else, never mind that other nonsense.

Enjoy your weekend!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

deisedevil wrote: »

I'd give ya one bit of advice and don't take offence, If your boards.ie name is the same as your real name then don't book it in under that name. Ward from Galway with a gang of lads headin down for a weekend to an area with traveller feuds kicking off all the time, let's just say theres a lot of hotels and B&B's might get lousy about it and not trust ye.

I have to say, that's quite possibly the worst bit of advice I have seen given to anyone coming to Waterford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

I wouldn't be suspicious or refuse to book someone just because there surname is Ward. It wouldn't even cross my mind.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

What's to suggest he isn't part of the feud? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

dayshah wrote: »
    I wouldn't be suspicious or refuse to book someone just because there surname is Ward. It wouldn't even cross my mind.

What if their first name was Blackie? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

stevieward wrote: »
    Hi

Im in the middle of looking at places and was thinking of there for the weekend of the June Bank hol weekend.

Is it busy/rough that weekend? would tramore be a big enough place to take a crowd of rowdy galway men? I presume Waterford has a lively set of pubs but could the same be said for tramore?

Cheers in advance

id say tramore will be busy enough ,all the dubs down for their holidays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

deisedevil wrote: »
    Ya there's plenty pubs in Tramore and with a gang of lads it won't cost much for a taxi to Waterford anyway, 10 mins at most. Tramore would be great during the day and Waterford at night time. A lot of stags in Waterford recently. Tramore would be fine to stay for the night also, just Waterford might be a better option for more choice of pubs etc.

I think its good advice went trying to book a BB or Hotel , to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭comeraghs

I'd stick with Waterford City for the night life ... some fantastic pubs

maybe Tramore in the daytime for activities like Kayaking & Surfing

Dungarvan is another great town for going out in ... great pubs especially for Trad music etc, Piantballing & Rally Driving available up there too.:)

Some people here must be a bit deluded! Ward is a name associated with Travellers especially from Galway and right or wrong it's a name that might cause a bit of difficulty when booking hotels around Waterford.

There's some very naive people posting in this thread!

• Advertisement

comeraghs wrote: »
    I'd stick with Waterford City for the night life ... some fantastic pubs

maybe Tramore in the daytime for activities like Kayaking & Surfing

Dungarvan is another great town for going out in ... great pubs especially for Trad music etc, Piantballing & Rally Driving available up there too.:)

+1 for Dungarvan. I'm from Dungarvan so might be a bit biased but if I was you I would head there.

Stay in the Park Hotel or the Tannery guest house. Great pubs in Dungarvan, PM me if ya want to know what might suit ye. There's also two nightclubs.

Lots to do, three Golf courses, Paintballing supposed to be very good too.

If you're ever thinking about running for a job with bord failte or running for city council i'd give it a miss deisedevil. Jesus.

Stevie, i've lived in Waterford for the last five years, my first visit was a weekend on the p1ss and absolutely loved it, would highly recommend it to anyone else, never mind that other nonsense.

Enjoy your weekend!

What fcukin nonsense? What I said happens, it's not nonsense.

kensutz wrote: »
    I have to say, that's quite possibly the worst bit of advice I have seen given to anyone coming to Waterford.

WRONG! Yours was possibly the worst bit of advice, all you did was question others advice. How about you put in your own bit of advice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

deisedevil your being a bit silly in this thread assuming just because of the surname that he,s a traveller i know a few people that have the surname stokes in waterford that aint travellers and they never have any trouble!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Bol_Whelan

stevieward wrote: »
    Hi

Cheers in advance

There are some fantastic pubs in Tramore and you can certainly have a great night out.

Check out www.ciddytours.com for information on pubs in Waterford and I think they also have many of the Tramore pubs covered.

If nothing else the site will give you an idea where the pubs are and help you plan out your night.

Advertisement