Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Line Stats

• 02-04-2010 12:05am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭

I am on Eircoms 7gb package and these are my line stats.

eircom Broadband: Connected
    DSL Mode: ADSL_G.dmt
    Speed: 4096 kbps /384 kbps
    Line Attenuation (Down/Up): 7 dB /8 dB
    DSL Noise Margin: 35 dB /12 dB
    First DNS: 213.94.190.194(dns1.cwm.dublin.eircom.net)
    Secondary DNS: 213.94.190.236(dns2.cra.dublin.eircom.net)
    Tertiary DNS: 0.0.0.0

768831323.png

Are these correct or should I be getting faster speeds than the 3.5gb I'm currently getting? Before Christmas the speed was a steady 5gb but it seems to have dropped off in the last few months. My PC is connected wirelessly to my router and all the wiring and filtering was done by an eircom engineer so there should be no issues on that end of it.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,434 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

j14 wrote: »
    I am on Eircoms 7gb package and these are my line stats.

eircom Broadband: Connected
    DSL Mode: ADSL_G.dmt
    Speed: 4096 kbps /384 kbps
    Line Attenuation (Down/Up): 7 dB /8 dB
    DSL Noise Margin: 35 dB /12 dB
    First DNS: 213.94.190.194(dns1.cwm.dublin.eircom.net)
    Secondary DNS: 213.94.190.236(dns2.cra.dublin.eircom.net)
    Tertiary DNS: 0.0.0.0

Are these correct or should I be getting faster speeds than the 3.5gb I'm currently getting? Before Christmas the speed was a steady 5gb but it seems to have dropped off in the last few months. My PC is connected wirelessly to my router and all the wiring and filtering was done by an eircom engineer so there should be no issues on that end of it.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Your line stats are exceptional, and would get pretty much the full 24 meg were you on ADSL2+. There are other factors outside line stats, Eircom is a contended service, and using Wifi exposes you to interference and packet loss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭tom_ass19

Run a another speed test but have it connected up by wire and you will see an increase in your speed as pointed out above connected wirelessly you will notice a decrease in performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭nilhg

The OP's modem (despite excellent line stats) is only syncing at 4 megs, he needs to ring eircom support, somebody's f****d up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭j14

I got on the phone to Ercom today and it turns out that they never reconnected me to 7mb after they cleared up an issue on my line in Feb. I'm now getting 6.1mb which I'm quite happy with. It was all sorted over the phone in about 5 mins.

Advertisement