Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you have to accept Meteor repairs?

Options
  • 02-04-2010 12:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭

Hi

My friend has a Samsung Tocco Lite from Meteor.
    Which she bought last December. It was all working fine, till recently the memory became full and thus she needed a memory card.

I gave her a 2GB one I had spare. When I went to install it for her, I noticed the entire memory slot was internally bent off at an angle. i.e it starts to go in at an angle and has to stop as it can't fit in.

Considering it's under warranty and is clearly a manufacturing defect
    Does a repair have to be accepted:( or can she demand a replacement instead?

I ask because she couldn't afford to be without it for the week or more that it would be gone, and thus would have to leave it broken.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭antocann

A repair is all they will offer but by what you explained they, will probably try and say it was user inflicted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Blue8439

They will probably only offer you a repair, but they will give you a loan phone to use while it is being repaired if you need one.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭BurnsCarpenter

If the goods are faulty you're entitled to a repair, replacement, or a refund. You can't insist on which one so if they offer a repair, that's it.

Advertisement