Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lech , BUL ?

Options
  • 02-04-2010 1:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭

Is Lech beer brewed under licence, or is it straight from poland?

I'm thinking it's bul, but i'm not sure.. Anyone able to enlighten me
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

pa990 wrote: »
    Is Lech beer brewed under licence, or is it straight from poland?

I'm thinking it's bul, but i'm not sure.. Anyone able to enlighten me
    SAB Miller brew it in Poznan, Poland. Check out their website, its the coolest website i've yet seen.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Im a huge fan of this beer. They had 500ml bottles of it in the local offie for 1.69, 4 or 5 of them and your happy out for the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

A fantastic beer. Even in cans & its going for a decent price in dunnes/tescos at 6.50 for 4. Class.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

A fantastic beer. Even in cans & its going for a decent price in dunnes/tescos at 6.50 for 4. Class.
    One of the only beers you can drink from a can now that you say it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

FearDark wrote: »
    One of the only beers you can drink from a can now that you say it.

Ive only recently started drinking stuff like tyskie,lech,zywiec & now i basically can't drink muck like bud & heineken from a can.
    In fact ive developed an utter hatred for bud since i bought two slabs of it at christmas. Weak tasteless dish water.

Thank feck for the german/polish beers.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭pa990

i've been drinking polish beer for the past three years, since i got a taste for it when in poland.
    Btw, tyskie only 1.65 in aldi for a 500ml bottle

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

Zywiec is my favourite canned beer, until the canned Paulaner I had in Germany catches on over here... They have a lot more reasonable beers in cans over there.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

El Pr0n wrote: »
    until the canned Paulaner I had in Germany catches on over here
    It won't. Off licences here tend to believe that cans devalue the brand: you're less likely to get €€€ for a bottled beer if the customer sees it in a can nearby for €€. In fact I'm surprised canned Budvar and Newkie Brown are as common as they are. But I doubt we'll be seeing Paulaner or Bishop's Finger, say, in cans here any time soon. They're premium, dontcherknow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

BeerNut wrote: »
    It won't. Off licences here tend to believe that cans devalue the brand: you're less likely to get €€€ for a bottled beer if the customer sees it in a can nearby for €€. In fact I'm surprised canned Budvar and Newkie Brown are as common as they are. But I doubt we'll be seeing Paulaner or Bishop's Finger, say, in cans here any time soon. They're premium, dontcherknow.

The thing that I'm a little annoyed about it is the huge price gap between canned and bottled Newkie Brown (this is the only one I've seen side-by-side in a shop), how can they justify well over a euro extra for the bottle? It's only 50mls more.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

El Pr0n wrote: »
    how can they justify well over a euro extra for the bottle?
    Crazy, isn't it? AFAIK, it's because the bottles are high-spec returnables and the deposit is built into the wholesale price, which then gets further jacked up by Irish tax. And, of course, there's no return path to the brewery. The sensible thing would be a lower-spec non-returnable export bottle, which is what some German breweries (Hofbrau, f'rinstance) do. But any brewery that ships beer in clear glass in the first place isn't going to be renowned for its sensible thinking.

• Advertisement
Advertisement