Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart Telecom Data limit reset question

• 02-04-2010 1:22am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭

Hey. I am customer of Smart Telecom broadband, and well last month (march) I went over limit, so my internet became 15 kb/s speed. Usually when that happened on 1st date of next month it usually reseted. Yesterday was 1st date of month, and it didnt reset. I am still living with that speed. Any idaes whats wrong?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 ric516

arleitiss wrote: »
    Hey. I am customer of Smart Telecom broadband, and well last month (march) I went over limit, so my internet became 15 kb/s speed. Usually when that happened on 1st date of next month it usually reseted. Yesterday was 1st date of month, and it didnt reset. I am still living with that speed. Any idaes whats wrong?

It is a rolling cap that Smart is enforcing, meaning it looks at the data usage for past 30 days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Just get on the smart forums and ask for a paid reset (€8.50) to have your usage completly reset to 0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arleitiss

so basically you have to live with your 170 gb limit for all life time? When you reach it you pay 9 eur to reset it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

It's always counting the last 30 days usage. So, if you use a lot of data in a short period, it'll be 30 days before that burst of usage is gone. You don't keep the usage for ever, but unless you cut back, your last 30 days of usage won't get any smaller (unless you pay for a reset).

Advertisement